Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ultrasounds Awesomeness



CD12

I will most likely post twice today if I have time because I want to update my blood work results once I hear from the doctor this afternoon. 

This morning I had my first CD12 ultrasound and blood work!  This is exciting because the previous 2 times I took clomid I did it with my obgyn and was not monitored mid cycle.  It was so good to be able to know what is currently going on in there and not have to guess when and if I might ovulate.  There were 2 u/s techs in with me because they were using a new machine and one was instructing the other.  They first took a look at my right side where I had the 23mm cyst during my CD3 u/s.  They saw a lot of follicles over there but didn’t seem to think any were over 10 mm.  On to the left side!  They said they found 1 follicle that is “jockeying” for position and that this is what they would hope/expect to see. 

They will take the results from the u/s and the blood work – estradiol levels and see the hormone levels the follicle is producing to see if it will continue to grow.  So as of now I am hoping those levels come back good and we can get a trigger and IUI date!


No comments:

Post a Comment