Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ready to Rumble



CD13

The nurse at my RE called me yesterday to let me know that I should give myself the trigger shot tonight and go in for the IUI on Thursday morning.  She said I had one 17 mm follicle on Monday morning and they are hoping giving the smaller ones an extra day might give me another mature follicle by the time the trigger kicks in.  I am excited that my 1 follicle will be bigger than my largest last time, but I hope I can get at least 2 mature follicles so I have better chances. 

My guy friend emailed our high school email chain last night letting us know his wife is pregnant.  I pretty much knew she was because she wasn’t drinking at our mutual friends wedding a couple of weeks ago, but seeing it in writing means it is really real.  Of course I was a bit sad after reading the news – it is tough to hear other people’s good news when you have been trying so hard and doing so much to be able to tell friends your own good news.  I was pretty happy that my sadness over finding out didn’t last long.  They are a really great couple and will make great parents.  One thing I was thinking about also was “good they could get pregnant”  as sad as I am that we can’t get pregnant on our own, I am happy that this couple doesn’t have to go through what we are going through – I wish none of my friends have to go through what we are dealing with. 

It also gives me hope that when things finally work out for us we will have friends that also have small children. 

DH asked me today if I was going to go to my cousin’s gender reveal party this weekend.  He isn’t going to go.  I don’t blame him – he attends a LOT of my family parties and he deserves to sit one out now and then.  I debated not going, because I know it will be rough, but in the end I decided that I will go.  I don’t want to look back at this time later when we are successful and regret not sharing in my family and friends joys with their pregnancies.  I just need to suck it up and tell myself “handle this with grace Caity, it will be worth it in the end” 
believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment