Friday, February 1, 2013

CD9


CD9

I gave myself the Follistim shot last night.  It was very similar in size/amount as the ovidrel shot, I just needed to figure out how to assemble and prep the pen a bit.  Thankfully there was a good video on the pharmacy’s website for me to view. 

I had a bit of a headache overnight and into this morning.  Not sure if it is caused by the meds or not, but I feel a little wonky today too.  I am excited for my CD10 monitoring appointment tomorrow.  Not super excited to drive to the RE on a Saturday, but I am hoping to see the start of some good follicles.  I am interested in seeing if the inject gives me a good boost. 

I let myself look up what the due date would be if we conceive this cycle – around October 31st.  I guess I am letting myself believe that it is possible this cycle will work.  The past few cycles I didn’t really have good feelings about it working, so I didn’t get my hopes up.  This time I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but I can’t help thinking about how nice it would be to be able to tell people we are pregnant around mother’s day.  I hope with all my being that I don’t have to go through another Mother’s day feeling like an outsider.  

.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope this is YOUR cycle! And don't you love how easy the Follistim pen is?? Oh and I ALWAYS look at due dates, every single cycle so I don't think you're setting yourself up for disappointment - you're being positive and hopeful! I hope this cycle works and you get your Halloween due date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I just found your blog from The Bump.... thanks for sharing your story! My infertility story is just beginning.... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete