Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rough morning




CD3

Today is not my day.  It is not my month.  It is not even my fucking year.  I went in today for my CD3 baseline ultrasound and what did they find?  Oh just a 42mm cyst!  THIS IS WHY WE GET MONITORING PEOPLE!   I saw that thing on the screen and my heart just sank, cancelled again.  We only have IUI #6 standing in the way of IVF and I just wanted to get through it.  After my ultrasound I had scheduled our IVF consult with the RE (you know because we were supposed to be doing IVF next month if I hadn’t been cancelled this cycle). 

The consult went well, I already knew a great deal about the process through The Bump 3TC and IF boards, but the RE filled me in on what protocol we would follow.  Since I get migraines with an aura he doesn’t want to put me on BCP (due to increased stroke risk) and he isn’t going to put me on Lupron either – we are going to go right into stims on day 2 if I don’t have any FUCKING CYSTS (sorry, you can tell I am pretty upset).  So that is one plus – fewer needles and shorter IVF cycling time.  If I can do IUI #6 in late March/early April then IVF would probably be in May.

I pray this month goes by quickly and that the red she devil comes on her own so that I don’t have to induce her with provera.  This is a very angry post, but I can’t help it.  I hate sitting out cycles – I just sit around and see all kinds of pregnancy announcements and babies being born and it hurts.  

Create Happiness™

3 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry about the cyst. That is a really big one! Hopefully this cycle will go by quickly for you and you'll be ready to go after AF. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm so sorry about another cyst and cancellation for you - that REALLY sucks!! I hope AF comes quickly this month and you can move onto IUI #6. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo cysts! I hate them, they're so annoying! We're sitting this cycle out too because we'll be out of town. I hope this month passes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete