Monday, February 4, 2013

Sliding one more in there



 CD12

Last night we went over to our neighbor’s house to watch the superbowl.  We knew they have 2 small kids and figured maybe there would be a couple more kids over there.  We were NOT prepared for the amount of small children at this party.  There was 1 pregnant lady, 3 infants and like 10-12 toddler through 6ish years old.  They were running throughout the house and most of the time the parents were chasing the kids around rather than watching the game.  Now I am not a big football fan, but I figured we would be able to watch some of the game without interruption, but that was not the case at all. 

I love children, don’t get me wrong, but this was just insane.  DH mentioned to me after that he felt like such an outsider at this party.  It seemed like everyone had a kid except for us.  It was tough seeing how some new neighbors that just moved in were bonding with the neighbors we are already friends with because of the kids.  It is like we can’t get into this “parenthood club” and I just have to talk about my dog all the time. 

This morning I had my CD12 monitoring appointment.  I was really hoping that my follicles that were 12 mm had grown to 18 mm so that I could trigger, but my largest was only a 15.6 mm.  Which basically means that we won’t be able to get the IUI in this month due to our vacation.  I am not super disappointed that we can’t do the IUI because DH’s counts have been very good and we can try on our own, but I am annoyed that since insurance is making us do 6 IUI’s before moving to IVF that this just puts us back a month if we don’t get pregnant this month.  It would be nice if it worked this month though and we can have the knowledge that our child was conceived in the mountains of Colorado versus a doctor’s office. 

Update: So I just got the call from the RE nurse and they want me to trigger tonight!  She said that I have 3 follicles that are close to maturity and should reach maturity with the trigger shot and having the IUI on Wednesday.  They also want me to trigger now because my E2 is 1499!  Which is crazy high for an IUI cycle.  They don’t want to wait and let any other follicles reach maturity because then I would be cancelled because the risk of high level multiples would be too high.   

I am so excited that we get IUI #5 in.  There are a lot of regulars on the Trouble Trying to Conceive board on the Bump that just got their BFP’s with October due dates and I would LOVE to join those ladies this month!  My due date would be October 31st so I would just make it in there.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're able to get IUI #5 in before your vacation! I SO hope this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you are able to get the IUI in time!! FX for you!!

    ReplyDelete