Monday, February 11, 2013

Back from Vacation

CD19, 7dpt/5dpiui


I was surprised when typing out that I am already 5 days past IUI, I guess that is a bonus of going on vacation during the 2 ww because the time goes by faster.  

We left for Breckenridge, CO early Thursday morning and got home late Sunday night.  While we were out there we did 2 days of skiing and it was a ton of fun.  The mountains out there are so huge and beautiful.  It snowed on Saturday so we had some nice fresh powder to ski in.  DH and I went out to some fun meals and overall had a very fun and relaxing vacation. Below is a picture of me on the mountain:


 
While we were gone there was a HUGE snow storm back in MA.  I mean 2ft +!  I was a little sad that we were away for the excitement of the storm (I do love a good snow storm), but we were glad we were able to get home timely with all the other cancellations.   We were also extremely thankful that our next door neighbor and my brother snow blowed our driveway and cleared our steps so we were able to get into our house last night.  

So now that the vacation is over and I am back to real life I am of course going to start obsessing over this cycle.  I tested to see if my trigger is still there and based on the below picture it looks like it is still there but barely.  



I have been on progesterone suppositories for the first time this cycle, which is um, interesting.  Nothing like shoving drugs into your cootie first thing in the morning!  But it is much better than the PIO shots that the IVF ladies have to do.  

My temps have been very wonky this cycle and I am sure it is because of being on vacation in a time zone 2 hours away and sleeping in, etc so I am not going to pay too much attention to it this cycle.  

I think I am going to test again in 2 days to see if the trigger is out - i will be 9 days past trigger and 7 days past IUI so any line would still be trigger.  I will probably test again on Sunday which will be 11 days past IUI and 13 days past trigger.  This will also give me some "prep time" for my blood test on Wednesday in case it is negative.  

ETA: I got a call from my RE while on vacation, which is unusually because normally the nurse calls.  He said that my response this month was almost "too good" and if this cycle doesn't work they are going to dial back my Follistim shot amount a bit.  I think they had me trigger early this month because they were afraid of all the follicles I had in there.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment