Wednesday, February 6, 2013

IUI #5 is in the books!




CD14

So for the past few days my ovary area on both sides has been pretty sore and I stopped exercising as of last Friday because even the weight lifting I was doing was making the ovaries hurt.  I have been kind of a slug, but meh I can take a break now and then. Today every time I move around I can feel both sides of my ovaries, which hopefully means that the trigger shot worked and I have ovulated or will ovulate soon. 

DH’s appointment was at 10 am this morning and I was at 11 am.  I got there early, like 10:30, because DH finished at 10:10 so I figured they might call me sooner.  When I got there they said they are running about 30 min behind on IUI’s, which made me nervous because I didn’t want his sample hanging out for 1.5 hours before we got this thing going.  Luckily they called me right before 11 am!

DH’s numbers were great as always and I finally figured out how all the numbers they show me fit together.  They said he had about 96 million sperm per mL and he had 4.4 mL of sperm with 33% motility.  So you multiply the 96 X 4.4 = 422m total then multiply that by the % motile x .33 = 140m which is what they said his count was.  Thank goodness one of us doesn’t have issues.  The procedure went fine, typically cramping when they put in the catheter and sample, but nothing major.  They gave me a sheet with what my follies were at on my CD12 appointment:
Right: 15.6, 13.4, 11.4, 10.7, 10.1
Left: 15.5, 15.0, 11.9, 10.8

So yeah that explains why I feel so crampy! They are thinking only the 15’s will be mature enough today as I seem to be growing them at about 2 mm per day. 

I am feeling pretty good about this cycle.  The past 2 cycles I didn’t have high hopes, and perhaps that makes it easier to deal with when the cycle fails, but I need to believe this may actually work this time.  Luckily DH and I are headed to Colorado on vacation tomorrow so that will eat up about 4 days of the 2 ww, and I hope the rest will fly by. 

I already did a Liebster award post, but Lisa nominated me again and I like to answer questions so here goes:

1.            Bacon or Sausage, or neither? Bacon
2.            Stomach, Side, or Back sleeper? stomach
3.            Coke or Pepsi? Regular coke, diet pepsi
4.            Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Or hate it with a passion? Celebrate it, but only with a card/dinner, we don’t go all out
5.            What's your favorite thing about winter and why? I love to ski!
6.            Socks, slippers, or bare feet and why? Slippers + socks (if I can find where my dog has dragged them off to)
7.            Warm or cold weather vacation and why? I like medium temperatures, I am pretty fair skinned so I don’t enjoy sitting in the sun all day, nor do I like to hang out in the cold.  I would prefer it to be 70-75 degrees so that we can walk around and see the sights!
8.            What's you favorite book of all time? Pride and Prejudice
9.            Do you like getting manis and pedis or doing it yourself? I am  not a big nail person, so neither
10.         Do you play a sport? Soccer, but I kind of got kicked off my old work’s team when they stopped letting alumni play. I also run
11.         Favorite type of restaurant? I love Italian, also Mexican

This picture made me laugh, because I totally feel bad for my dog since she gets all of our "baby" attention now! (see some examples below)

Infertility hurts
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Yay for a great IUI, those numbers sound great! FX this is it for you! And thanks for answering those questions, I love reading them! Have a great time in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great numbers!! FX for you!! Have fun in CO!

    ReplyDelete