Tuesday, February 19, 2013

All Signs Point to No


CD27, 15dpt/13dpIUI

I haven’t tested since 8dpiui, but I told DH that I was going to test yesterday at 12 days past IUI because that would give me a good indication.  We both had the day off so I got up at around 7:30 am and grabbed the test and DH said “good luck” as I went into the bathroom.  I did my thing and waited a few minutes and looked at the test.  It was stark white.  Not even a hint of a second line to give me some hope for Wednesday’s beta.  DH came in and looked at it and didn’t see a second line either so we went back to bed.  He held me as I cried for a little bit – nothing major just some tears streaming down but no sobbing. 

I know I am still not out until the beta tomorrow, but usually results at 12 days past ovulation are pretty good.  I let my hopes get up a little this month because I figured with the injects + progesterone we had a better shot. The timing would have been nice if it worked this month because I would know I am pregnant before my cousin gives birth, and I figured that would make things easier on me, I also would have been able to tell people at mother’s day that we are pregnant.

 Up next is IUI #6 with injects again.  Honestly my expectations are so low for this next cycle.  I am just trying to get past it so that we can move to IVF.  I am going to try really hard to focus on eating/general health this next month so that I can shed a few lbs before IVF time, since I know you can’t work out once you start stims.  
Happy Presidents Day!! Thomas Jefferson

2 comments: