Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spreading the word


CD29

Getting pretty crampy so I can tell the red she devil isn’t too far off.  I timed it out and if she comes Saturday like I expect, and if everything else goes timely this cycle, then my first beta would be the weekend that DH’s parents are visiting…interesting. 

DH mentioned to me last night that his mom keeps hinting to him about when to start to see someone if we have trouble getting pregnant (they don’t know about our IF).  I told him I was fine if he wanted to tell his parents about what we have been dealing with.  We haven’t told them yet because sometimes his mom gets worked up over things and we didn’t want her to stress over this for us (and stress us out further).  But since we are nearing IVF it makes a bit more sense to clue them in.  I told DH to tell them that we don’t really like to talk about it much, because it is pretty personal, so I hope that means his parents won’t bring it up much.  He is also going to tell  them that it doesn’t leave our immediate family (no need for aunts and neighbors to know the inner workings of my reproductive system, ey?). 

DH told his sister last night while g-chatting.  She is younger and isn’t married so isn’t really in a place to understand IF much, so i don’t think DH was too surprised that she didn’t really get it.  I am sure she is supportive, but I don’t think she understands fully what we are going through.  I think it is good for DH to have some people to talk to about it though, I have some friends and my mom and SIL, but he really doesn’t have anyone but me to talk to and it is becoming more and more tough on him each month.  


Your dream doesn't have an expiration date. Take a deep breath, and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment