Thursday, December 27, 2012

Might as Well


 CD3

I went in for my monitoring b/w and u/s this morning.  I got one of my favorite techs.  She saw me and said “oh I remember you, I have seen you here before” and I just kind of gave her the “yup still here” answer.  I guess it is nice to be remembered, but not in this case!

The good news is that all is well for IUI #4 to get started.  This will be my last time taking Clomid as it is my 6th cycle taking it.  My expectations of this cycle working are pretty slim to none.  In fact I am sort of annoyed the nurse said the RE had me down for 1 more IUI with clomid because now my friend’s wedding will fall within our 2 ww, so I probably won’t be able to drink much at the wedding booo.  If I get a BFP it would be worth it, but to not have all the fun I could at the wedding just to get a BFN a few days later will stink. 

I need to talk to my aunt about the breast cancer gene test that she had done – she has had both breast and ovarian cancer and she had the gene testing done but it came out negative.  This really surprised me because I assumed she had the gene.  The geneticist I have visited wanted to see if I could get a copy of the report to make sure they tested for all strains or something.  So I am going to ask my aunt more about it and probably explain why I need it (in case we do IVF this would be good information to have).  Also this aunt had IF trouble (not sure what the case was, but they adopted my cousin).  So she is a good gateway to the telling the rest of my family since she knows what IF feels like. I am just nervous about having the rest of my family know.  They are all supportive people, but I just don’t know what kind of comments I might get.  It is so much easier being the one who is waiting to have kids versus the one who can’t have them naturally – and I am just not sure I will like the change in title.

No comments:

Post a Comment