Monday, December 10, 2012

Hope is a Good Thing, Maybe the Best of Things



CD16, 4dptrigger/2dpIUI

The title of this post is a great quote from one of my favorite movies – The Shawshank Redemption.  There have been a lot of ladies who I follow through The Bump that have been getting BFP’s off of IUIs and it has been giving me hope. 

In other cycles I tried not to hope/think about getting a BFP too much, but honestly this cycle I can’t help it and I fear that if it doesn’t work my sadness will be overwhelming this time due to timing and the fact that we will probably be going to IVF soon.  I feel like the stakes are much higher this round. 

DH and I had a fun weekend.  My brother and SIL’s Swedish Christmas party was fun, I got to see some family that I don’t often get to see – and the best part was that they didn’t ask me when I was going to have a baby!  I found out later that one cousin did say to my brother that he “thought I would give me some baby news this visit” luckily he didn’t say anything to my face!

We brought our tree into the house and were all ready to string up the lights and decorate it on Sunday night and then BAM – the power went out!  We were so disappointed and just sitting around that my husband got the bright idea to strap our headlamp on (which we use when we run when it is dark out) and this gave us enough light to put on the lights and all the ornaments.  Then when the power came on an hour later the tree sprung to life in all of its Holiday glory!!  I will have to post a picture later. Sorry the tree is sideways - couldn't figure out how to flip it!



After my IUI on Saturday the nurse told me not to do any running while in the 2 ww.  This advice is a bit different from the last 2 times because normally they tell me just to keep doing what I am doing.  Well we all know how those times turned out so this time I am taking it easy – more along the lines of walking, weight lifting and elliptical.  I really hope I don’t lose my running while I am on this break!


No comments:

Post a Comment