Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Scrappy



CD12

Went in for my us/bw this morning to see if the clomid is working this cycle.  I got my one of my favorite us techs!  She checked my lining – 7.3, then went over to my left ovary – right when she moved over to it she said “oh this is looking good, my dear” she measured a 19, 18 and 14 mm follicles.  I started to get a little nervous that when she moved over to the other side there would be a few too many and they might cancel me.  The us tech said “let’s see what is on the other side – we don’t want to go for the litter” which made me crack up and I couldn’t stop laughing (which is a little awkward when you are shaking laughing while she has the us wand inside!). 

On the right side she didn’t see any mature follicles, so phew, no litter! Now I am just waiting for the blood work results to make sure my E2 is looking good.  I will probably update this post once I get the call later today. 

I imagine they will tell me to trigger tonight and do IUI#3 on Saturday then the beta would be December 22nd.  As I was driving in to the RE this morning I was listening to Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is you” song and it was funny because the lyrics say “baby all I want for Christmas is you” now I know that isn’t the type of “baby” Mariah was probably thinking of but for me the song has new meaning and will probably be my anthem for the next couple of weeks!

I haven’t checked to see what my due date would be if this cycle works…it might be superstitious of me, but every other cycle I looked it up and immediately started thinking about how great it would be to have a baby on that date, blah blah blah, and we all know how those cycles turned out!  So this cycle no looking up due dates.  I may also keep this cycle a secret to my mom and SIL/Brother.  Partially because they know I was on a break and probably don’t expect me to be cycling again this soon and it might be nice not to have anyone other than DH know beta date.  The other reason is because I would LOVE to give them a pre Christmas surprise.  

UPDATE:
RE's nurse just called - E2 is 1006 which is much higher than previously (I think last time it was in the 500's) she said I have a 14.2, 14.6, 18.4 and 19.2mm follicles. So I should have 2 mature ones pop I hope! And my FSH is 11.8 (not sure what this one means, I will have to look it up).  So I am supposed to trigger tonight and have IUI #3 on Saturday. I am happy DH won't have to miss any work for the IUI (he started a new job about 2 months ago)  Beta will be December 22nd. 









.

No comments:

Post a Comment