Sunday, April 28, 2013

8 Week Update - First Bump Photo!

The title of this post is a little misleading 1) I am technically only 7 weeks 6 days according to the ultrasound that I had last week and 2) there isn't really a bump in this photo yet! But that is ok!





How Far Along: 8 weeks
Total Weight Gain: I think about 2+ lbs, but I didn't weight myself today
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I bought a belly band yesterday that I used to keep some jeans up, but I am not entirely sure that they would have fit me pre-pregnancy anyway :)
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: I am not a very good sleeper to begin with - I don't usually sleep straight through the night.  Since becoming pregnant I definitely don't sleep well! I fall asleep ok, but sometime between the hours of 1:30-3:30 am I wake up and am unable to get back to sleep.  Sometimes I get out of bed and go watch tv for an hour or so. 
Best Moment This Week: Seeing the baby's heart beat at the ultrasound, also telling my brother and SIL about the pregnancy
Miss Anything: Probably normal sleeping
Movement: Nope
Food Cravings: Soft serve ice cream - chocolate/vanilla twist!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Salad.  I had been eating at least 1 salad a day and now I cringe at the site.  I still like other vegetables, but salad is a no go. 
Gender: Nothing definite, but my theory of pets says its a boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Not much of anything. I haven't gotten any morning sickness, I get a little crampy now and then. 
Belly Button In or Out: In
Wedding Rings On or Off: On
Feeling: Since the u/s I have been feeling much better about the pregnancy, but most days I still don't believe this is really happening.
Exercise: I have been pretty good about exercising.  Most days of the week I go for a 3-3.5 mi run.  Sometimes I walk up the big hills though!  I haven't been as good about doing weight training though.
Looking Forward To: Continuing to run as the weather looks good this week!
Next Appointment: May 10th 

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo 8 weeks! Yay for your first check-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a little raspberry! I bet seeing the heartbeat was amazing.

    It's so fun to see what you look like after blog-commenting for so long! Now I get where the "red" comes from :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup - that's me "runnin red" could I be any more Irish? Pale skin, freckles and red hair!

      Delete