Wednesday, April 24, 2013

7 Weeks 2 Days




I have been feeling really good since the ultrasound on Monday.  Things are starting to sink in and I am starting to feel excitement about being pregnant without the fear creeping in. 

I have been feeling pretty good lately.  I wouldn’t call it nausea, but certain times of the day I feel a little queasy, but it never gets close to wanting to throw up.  Probably because I normally eat constantly throughout the day! I have definitely been feeling more tired than normal.  Yesterday was pretty bad, from the time I woke up I was exhausted yesterday, but somehow at night I was wide awake.  I have been waking up between 2-3:30 am for the past 3 weeks and can’t get back to sleep.   I went for a run this morning with Winnie, so I hope that helps me stay awake today!


On Monday night we went to a surprise retirement party for my mom.  It was great listening to all the nice things that her coworkers had to say about her.  She is truly an awesome mom and I am very lucky to have her!  Several of my relatives went to the party as well.  Brian and I were hoping to tell my brother and SIL, but it was tough with my uncles and aunts around.  As we were leaving the parking garage after the party we saw them and Brian pulled up next to them, we got out and told them the good news.  It is so nice to have them know about the pregnancy because other than my mom, they are the other ones who have known the longest about what we have been going through.  I am excited to be able to talk to my SIL about my pregnancy. 

Last night on my way home I got a call from our RE.  He was calling to congratulate us because when we went in for the ultrasound we met with the nurse.  I thought that was nice and helped bring some closure to our IF journey. 

I think on Sunday I will start doing my weekly updates/bump (ha what bump).  Even though my week changes over on Mondays according to my ultrasound, I may fudge it and say I am starting week 8 on Sunday, because Lord knows I won’t be up for doing an update on a Monday night! 

2 comments:

  1. "Closure to [your] IF journey" - I love it! I'm so glad you are no longer in the IF category and are now in the PREGNANT category! Yay you! It's nice that the RE called to congratulate you :-)

    (PS: thank you for commenting on my last post. It means a lot to me since I know you understand. It's more helpful than you know)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! I saw your post on 3TC - glad you intro'd over there - they are a great group of women!

      Delete