Sunday, April 14, 2013

6 weeks 1 day

Since I haven't had an ultrasound yet and we don't know the exact ovulation date, I am still guessing on exactly how far along I am.  It will be nice when we have the u/s on 4/22 to finally figure out the due date.  

So my nerves have started to relax a bit...I was going through a tough few days of being absolutely terrified that something was going to happen to the baby, but then I had to stop and say to myself "has there been any indication that something is wrong?" and the answer was no, no spotting, no major cramping, so what would make me think something is wrong?  For some reason I like to psych myself out and go on the December 2013 moms board where I read how so many people are nauseous or have huge sore breasts or some other pregnancy symptom that I don't have and then I freak out, when I should really be thanking my lucky stars that I don't have these symptoms...well yet. 


I have been quite tired lately, more so than my usual self, so that is something!  


Now the count down is on to ultrasound day...7 more days.  I am excited for this day because I feel that if we see a heartbeat then it will calm a lot of my fears.  I am also looking forward to telling my sister in law and brother about the pregnancy, since Brian and I said we would wait for the heartbeat to tell them.  It will be nice to have someone to talk to about pregnancy, since my SIL had my niece a year and a half ago.  I am hoping she has some books that I can read about pregnancy.  

Yesterday I took Winnie for a walk and I noticed the local book store said dogs were welcome, so I took her in.  I found a pregnancy book and said "why not" so I bought it.  I am only through a chapter or two and I am not sure how well I will like this book - it seems very preachy on certain things, and that isn't my style.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling a little more relaxed about things! Just one more week! FX everything will be perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete