Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Sad Day for Boston


I think I have mentioned previously in my blog that I am from Massachusetts.  My husband and I live about 30 minutes north of the city and my husband works in Boston.  Yesterday was a very scary day for us as we had coworkers and friends who were either running in the marathon or were there watching it.  One of my dear friends was watching at the finish line and was in between the two explosions; thank God he was not hurt. 

I am definitely feeling a lot of emotions today: anger, sadness, loss.  Marathon Monday is a loved day in Boston and it really pisses me off that something this terrible could happen on such a joyous day for so many people.   It is hard to think about anything else today.  

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I had a LOT of friends and coworkers who were volunteering, cheering, or running yesterday and it was a very frantic and heartbreaking afternoon. Mine all seem to be safe and I'm glad to hear that yours are too. Such a sad and scary day. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete