Monday, April 22, 2013

1st Ultrasound :)

I sit here typing this with my own heart still beating a little bit faster.  DH and I went to the RE this morning for our first ultrasound.  To say we were nervous is an understatement.   I wore my "lucky socks" which are some St Patrick's day socks that my SIL gave me.  We think the baby was conceived on or right around St Patrick's day and have been calling the baby "lucky."

Up until today neither of us thought about this pregnancy as being "real" sure we would talk about it, but we needed this ultrasound to go well to truly believe that this is happening.   

One of my favorite techs performed the ultrasound, she was great - walked us through every thing she was doing and explained what it all meant.  When she first put the wand in she showed us the gestational sac, the yolk sac and the fetus.  A few seconds later we could see on the screen the little heartbeat.  At this point I started to really tear up.  After she took a few measurements she let us listen to the heartbeat and at this point the tears really started coming. I felt so relieved that there is a heartbeat. 

 The heartbeat was at 137 bpm which she said is great and the baby is measuring 7 weeks, which makes sense based on when I think I ovulated.  That would put my due date right around December 8th and my ovulation date right around March 17th (St Patrick's day).  

So without further ado, introducing baby lucky:

After the ultrasound Brian and I met with the nurse practitioner to go over the results.  She said everything looked great, gave us our medical records from them and some info on a healthy pregnancy and said we don't need to come back there any more!  Brian and I were surprised that we are already in the group of "normal pregnant people" almost as if we should stick around the RE longer, but I guess with good results they let you go!

I need to call my OB today and let them know the news and see when they will want me in.  

Gushy stuff:
Thank you to everyone who follows my blog, your words of encouragement and hope along the way kept us motivated (and sane).  I am so happy to be joining the ranks of the pregnant, but of course I still remember my "sisters" who are still in the trenches of IF. This journey would mean nothing if I forgot about all of you once I became pregnant.  I will still continue to follow your blogs and cheer you on (if that is ok), and I understand if you need to stop reading mine since the posts will be about pregnancy from here on out (if all continues to go well).  My heart aches for everyone out there who is still trying.  I pray for you guys daily.  
so true

 

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! I'm glad everything went great!! I'm also really happy you are going to continue following IF blogs because I would miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Yay baby lucky!! Enjoy being a "normal pregnant woman!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW this is such great news!!! Enjoy being pregnant, this is what you have been waiting for and we will be here reading along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for a great u/s! I'm so happy and relieved for you. Yay for being a normal pregnant woman!

    ReplyDelete