Sunday, April 7, 2013

5 weeks 1 day (I think)

I haven't really been feeling any pregnancy symptoms other than some light cramping that usually comes in the morning.  To be honest I was kind of hoping for some reassuring sore breasts or something!  The lack of symptoms makes me nervous, but I probably should just thank my lucky stars that I feel so good, because in few weeks that might all change.  I haven't had any spotting or sever cramps, so that is good news.  I just wish the ultra sound day would get here - and it is 2 weeks away. 

We went over to a friends house last night to hang out.  There were about 10 of us there including the hosts (which I heard through the grapevine were dealing with IF) and one of my close friends who knows we have been struggling.  I really didn't want anyone to see that I wasn't drinking because obviously it is super early and I wouldn't want to make the hosts feel uncomfortable.  

They had a nice bar set up with wine, beer and mixed drink items.  So I slily (or so I thought) made myself a club soda, cranberry and lime drink.  I figured it looked like a cape codder so nobody would be the wiser.  One of the guys there asked me at one point during the night "what are you drinking Caity" and I said "oh just cranberry and vodka." 

Later on in the night my close friend said to me "that was pretty slick of you to say there was vodka in your drink."  I guess she was watching as I made it and saw there was no alcohol in it.  She said "I am hoping this is a good thing" and I kind of just said "I can't talk about it."  I really don't want people knowing about it just yet - it is really early and we haven't even heard a heartbeat yet!  Social situations like this can be tough.   

No comments:

Post a Comment