Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sono-hystogram...done!


CD9

DH is training for an Ironman triathlon (yeah I know it is kind of crazy, but he loves it) in July this year so we are trying to include a lot more vegetables and overall healthy food into our diets.  I saw on pinterest a recipe for kale chips and I figured I would give it a shot.  I picked up a kale bunch at the supermarket last night and took it home to prepare.  I cut up the leaves off of the stem and looking at these leaves I thought to myself “there is no way this is going to be good.”  I laid the kale out on a baking sheet, sprayed them with some cooking spray, drizzled a little olive oil, garlic salt and red pepper flakes and put them in the oven on 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

When they came out I was happy to see that they had crisped up.  I took one crunchy bite and they were actually really good!  Salty and crunchy like chips that sort of dissolve in your mouth.  DH tried them and he thought they were awesome too!  I highly recommend them and will be making them again, but with perhaps less red pepper since they were pretty hot. (sorry the picture is upside down)


I just got back from my sonohystogram.  It wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible.  It was better than the HSG because it was done at my RE’s office instead of a hospital.  I got my favorite ultrasound tech, Annie, and she did an ultrasound to check things out before the big event.  She checked on my cyst and I was happy to see that it is shrinking down!  It was like 42mm on CD3 and today on CD9 it is down to low 30something.  With this shrinking rate I am hoping it will be gone by the time my next cycle starts, fingers crossed.

The procedure was done by the ultrasound tech and a nurse practitioner.  First thing they did was put in a speculum just like they do for an IUI or a pap.  They cleaned my cervix with some iodine and then inserted the catheter.  This was all pretty easy, similar to IUI and no big deal.  The nurse told me that they were then going to inflate a balloon that would expand my uterus a bit so that they could see in there and push in some saline.  They warned me that I would cramp up and I certainly did.  Kind of felt like the HSG a bit, but not quite as bad.  Felt like the most intense period cramp ever.  Then she sent in some saline which also made me cramp up, but then they were able to shrink down the balloon a bit.  Once they shrunk the balloon I felt a lot better and I could watch up on the screen as they took a look at my uterus.   It was kind of gross how the saline drips out of you as they do this procedure. 

The nurse said that my uterus looked good – no red flags such as polyps or masses, so that was awesome news to get.  Once they took all the tools out of my whoohaa I felt a lot better.  I was back at work within almost an hour.  I did see a bit of blood once I went to the bathroom back at work, which surprised me because I didn’t bleed from the HSG. 

So now that that is over with I can continue on my break cycle.  I think I deserve a drink tonight! 

replace vodka with wine and we have a deal!
(just replace vodka with wine)

2 comments:

  1. You for sure deserve a drink tonight! My SIS felt about the same as you described. Glad they didn't find anything and that your cyst is shrinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, good news! (And PS - that Kale does not look edible. Smokeable maybe but edible? No. :-) Enjoy the wine tonight!

    ReplyDelete