Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Bit Nervous


CD31

So over a week ago my cousin who just had her first baby about 20 days ago texted me to see if I could do dinner with her and my other cousin for tonight.  I figured maybe this would get bumped out to a different date or cancelled because they both have small babies and who knows what will come up. Well this morning she texted me to see what restaurant we should go to.  Honestly I am a bit nervous about this encounter.  I told myself that it would be a good opportunity to clue them in on our IF.  I am really close to them both, but didn’t tell them because they were both pregnant during most of our IF trouble.

It’s just now that the day is here I don’t know how I am going to bring it up.  When they say “how are you” should I just blurt it out?  Or should I say something like “well since April is almost here and it is infertility awareness week (or is it month?) I wanted to make you aware of our infertility.”  I am just scared I am going to start weeping in front of them.  I am also nervous that their responses won’t be “right” you know sayings “oh it will happen, just relax” or “God’s plan, blah blah blah”  What I really want them to say is “wow that really sucks, I can’t believe you had to watch our whole pregnancies and having our babies be born while dealing with all of this.” 

I will update with a post tomorrow on how it goes.  Wish me luck ladies!

1 comment:

  1. (Your dinner might already be over by now, but) good luck! I hope it went better than expected and that they were supportive, understanding and didn't offer dumb advice.

    ReplyDelete