Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sharing is Caring

CD34


It is about 3 am here and I can't sleep.  Peeing on things and comparing them is driving me batty so I have decided that today I won't pee on anything!  I just need a day off.  

So in this post I decided I will share a little bit about my (regular) life with you.  I am not big into sharing pictures of people on my blog and this probably won't change until I start doing bump shots (FX), but here are some nice bulleted "sharings" about my life.  

My Family


  • DH and I met freshman year of college.  He actually came to my room during the first week or two looking for my roommate that he met during orientation, but ended up seeing me instead!  We hung out a lot the first semester but didn't start dating until midway through the year. 
  • DH is from PA and I have always lived in Massachusetts.  
  • About 2 years ago we moved back to my hometown where my grandfather lives with my mother and my older brother, SIL and niece live. 
  • My father passed away almost 5 years ago from kidney cancer.  I miss him especially now that we own an old house because he was so good at fixing things, DH and I often talk about him 'watching over us' during home repairs.
  • I can walk to my brother's house and it is awesome!  We often walk winnie and they walk with my niece in the stroller.  
  • My mom has red hair, I do, my SIL does and so does my niece.  My SIL and I are often confused as sisters.  
  • I am very close with my mom's side of the family, I have always spent pretty much every holiday with them since I was born, they mostly live in MA, but also NJ, NH, and TX.

My Pets

  • I have always been a pet lover since I was little.  I have a little theory that we will end up having a boy first because of the gender pattern of my pets in the order that I got them (I don't have all of these now):
Daisy, Rabbit = Girl
Skittles, Bird = Boy
Michelle, Guinea Pig = Girl
Baxter, Guinea Pig = Boy
Sadie, Rabbit = Girl
Stewie, Rabbit = Boy
Winnie, dog = girl
 so a boy is up next and as long as we don't get another pet, I think it is pretty clear :)

  •  I used to have another blog about socializing my current rabbit and dog.  I stopped the blog because the "integration" wasn't going so well.  My dog doesn't try to really harm the rabbit, but chases him around so they don't get to spend much time together.  Although recently I put their crate/cage in the same room so i hope during the day they are hanging out together and start to become friends. 
  • I have wanted a dog forever, but my parents never let me have one growing up. Winnie is so much fun, she is a huge cuddler and will paw at you while sitting on the couch if you are not constantly touching her.  I hope one day she will calm down enough to be a therapy dog, I think she would be really good at it because she LOVES people. 
  • Winnie pees when she meets someone and is excited.  When we bring her somewhere we have to tell people to ignore her at first so she doesn't pee all over the place, I hope she grows out of this. 

My Job
  • I went to business school and went back to get my masters in accounting.  I am a CPA, but don't ask me about taxes!  I do financial accounting for a large company.  I wouldn't say it is my 'dream job' but most days I do actually enjoy what I do.  Would I quit my job if I won the lottery?  Hell yeah. 
Sorry my job really only warrants 1 bullet

My Interests/Hobbies
  •  I have always loved athletics.  Growing up I played soccer all through high school.  I also ran track and played rugby in college. 
  • One of my favorite stress relievers is running.  I currently don't go for very long runs (3-4 miles) but over the past few years I have completed 3 half marathons and I have a dream of one day running a full marathon.
  • I am addicted to Pinterest lately and have started to become quite crafty!  Maybe I will post some pictures of my crafts sometime!  My favorite one is my chalkboard, where i painted over a large framed picture that I got at a yard sale and now I use the chalkboard to write dinner party menus and other announcements. 
  • DH and I love looking at real estate.  We are constantly checking what houses come on the market in our area and love to go to open houses even though we are not moving anywhere hopefully forever. Our house was built in 1892 and is victorian in style.  I love our house.  It isn't perfect, but it has some great character and we can walk into town for coffee, restaurants, etc. 
  • DH and I love to travel.  DH used to travel for work (mostly unfun places) but he collected a lot of hotel/air points which have allowed us to visit some fun places like: Italy (Rome, Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Lake Como), London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Munich, Innsbruck, Los Cabos, Bahamas.  We hope to go to Ireland in August and hope it is a babymoon. 
  • We currently have one of those self serve soft serve places in town and a real ice cream place is coming in during the spring. This all equals bad news for me because I LOVE ice cream!


Ok so it is now about 4 am and congratulations to you if you have made it this far!  I am going to go back to bed and hopefully get a few more hours of sleep.  

Thank you all for your heartfelt words and congrats yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment