Monday, March 11, 2013

Posting Machine


I usually don’t do more than 1 post a day, but this has been a very full day which has warranted another post.

Because there is such a strong family history of breast cancer in my family, my doctors want me to do a baseline mammogram before we start IVF.  I went to see the Nurse Practitioner today so they could clear me for insurance, etc.  While doing the consult the NP tells me that her son and his wife have been dealing with IF for a while and she just found out today that their IVF #1 was successful.  She told me it was a sign that it will work for me too, and I sure hope she is right!  She also told me to pray to St. Gerard because he is the patron saint of motherhood, has anybody else heard this? 

On my way back to work from my appointment I stopped by the hospital where my cousin was with her newborn baby.  It was kind of funny driving from one hospital to another.  The baby is adorable.  He had his eyes open almost the whole time I was there and he was looking around and squirming like crazy.  Holding him was wonderful.  I didn’t feel sad, or envious, I just felt love.  I am so glad that I went to the hospital.  

No comments:

Post a Comment