Friday, January 25, 2013

Shit is Getting Real




CD2

Last night my meds for this cycle showed up.  We are upping the ante for this cycle so the contents of the box were much bigger.  It included:
1 Follistim pen
1 Box Follistim capsules
10 Clomid Pills
2 Boxes Crinone Suppositories
1 Ovidrel trigger shot
 1 big sharps container
Alcohol swabs



I was a bit intimidated by the amount of stuff I got.  I am going to have to find a shelf somewhere to store it because it won’t all fit in the kitchen drawer like it used to.  So I am part scared and part excited about this cycle.  I am glad I got the Follistim pen because I was worried about mixing the vials and loading them into the shot myself. 

I added up how much all the meds would have cost if we weren’t covered through insurance and I was really shocked by how much it would have been.  We paid $135 in copays but it would have cost $940 if we were out of pocket.  I am so very thankful that my insurance covers IF, and it really made me feel for the ladies who don’t have coverage.  Making decisions on what to do each cycle is not easy, but having to worry about how much it will cost is a big extra stress that I am thankful we don’t have to worry about. 

Saturday morning I have my CD3 blood work and ultrasound.  I told my SIL I would watch my niece while she had her hair cut on Saturday morning, so I had to take the 7:30 am appointment time.  Nothing beats waking up at 6 am on a Saturday to get stabbed and have a date with the vag cam! I just hope things go smoothly this month with no cysts and good lining!

`

No comments:

Post a Comment