Monday, January 14, 2013

6 days past IUI

CD21, 6 days past IUI

I worked from home on Friday, which was a nice break from coming into the office after a really busy week.  I like working from home because I can be on gchat (which is blocked at work).  On Friday both of my cousins were on gchat.  I was chatting with one that has a 3 month old (she doesn’t know about our IF).  She said that when I have a baby I should “grow an extra arm” to take care of it.  I responded “well at the rate we are going we are going to end up with twins and then I will be shit out of luck.”  I think she just responded with “oh lol!” probably because she wasn’t sure why we would end up with twins.  In a way I think I was fishing a bit for her to ask me what I meant so that I could tell her about our IF.  She was my made of honor and we have always been really close.  I will be spending some time with her to do prep work for my other cousin’s baby shower so the topic may come up again.  I think I am just tired of putting on a happy face in regards to this – it is tiring. 

My SIL came over on Friday with my 1 year old niece.  My SIL knows of our IF and has been really supportive in asking how we are doing, etc.  She has been a really good support person through this because she never pries and she never gives me the “relax” or “it will happen” crap.  I am so happy to have someone so close by like her.   She gave me the name of her friend who did IVF so I could email and chat with her. 

This morning I went to see a genetic councilor that I had seen about a year and a half ago.  I have a strong history of breast and ovarian cancer in my family and I wanted to have the BRCA 1 & 2 tests done in case I have the genes and we get to IVF.  I was expecting to have the test done through blood work but it turns out they have this saliva kit that you can do where you spit scope and saliva into a tube and they use that – neat!  I hope it comes back negative so we don’t have to worry about it.  She said the test takes like 2 weeks to get results. 

I had a drop in my temp today.  We are 6 days past IUI so it might be implantation, but most likely it is just a dip and doesn’t mean anything.  But a girl can dream…

Okay then, I'll wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment