Tuesday, January 22, 2013

IUI #4 is officially a Bust



CD29, 14dpiui

Well I got the unsurprising call that this cycle had failed today.  I am ok with it – didn’t expect a BFP so no tears…yet.  I am moving on to hoping the red she devil shows up timely so we can move on to a new plan. 

This next cycle will be 100 mg Clomid days 3-7 then an inject shot (not sure what type yet) on day 8, plus progesterone suppositories.  I asked the nurse about giving me something to help my lining (was a 5.3 last cycle) and she said the combination of the lower Clomid dose plus the progesterone should help that, but I am not 100% sold on that.

 I do have higher expectations for this cycle with the added inject and progesterone.  And at least I know that we only need to do 2 more IUI’s before we can move to IVF so it feels like the big guns are closer now. 

My next challenge is making sure my baseline tests are clear so I can start this cycle.  The challenge after that is making it through this weekend.  I am headed to my cousin’s house to make cookies for my other cousin’s baby shower on Sunday.  I am going to have to practice my brave face for the shower and all the opening of gifts.  I just need to keep myself busy and I hope nobody notices if I sneak away during the present opening time.  This type of thing is just getting harder.  I just can’t fucking believe we have done 4 IUI’s and nothing.  

Look for lots of new beginnings.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you got the ugly BFN! Hoping that the time goes by quickly to your next cycle! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the BFN, ((hugs)). Have you tried Estrace (vaginal estrogen pill) to help with your lining? It helped greatly with mine because Clomid really messed with mine. Also, have you talked about doing injects? GL and I hope you are able to move onto the next cycle soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, red! It sounds like you're handling it well though. Big hugs! I have my FX for you this round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support ladies. Lisa - I will ask about the Estrace - sounds like it could help me. This cycle I am doing Clomid + 1 gonal-f inject on day 8 - I am hoping it will give my follicles the boost they need.

    ReplyDelete