Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sharing is Caring



CD either 31 or 1 (slight spotting will hopefully turn into full red she devil)

I am a little nervous about timing for this month.  If I don’t get the red she devil today then we definitely won’t be doing an IUI this month (probably will still do the meds and TI since DH isn’t an issue).  I would love to get IUI #5 in this month because insurance requires the 6 IUI’s before moving to IVF, and if we can’t do the actual IUI this month then we would still have to do 2 more if they are unsuccessful.  I find it a bit strange that insurance requires the actual IUI and not TI even though DH is not the issue (he always has good counts 100m+, sometimes his motility is slightly under 50%, but not too far under and sometimes it is over 50%). 

Yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me.  I had a goals review meeting with one of the women that I manage and she revealed to me that her and her husband have been trying for over a year to have their second child (their first is 4).  She said she is going to the doctor today to see what is going on.  I told her about our struggles and it felt like a relief to have someone I work with so closely know what is going on.  I hope we can be a good support system for each other. 

I am on an email chain with some friends from high school and yesterday there were 2 posts about my friends becoming aunts, which spurred people to ask about the pregnant ladies on the email chain and so on and so forth.  It all got a bit too much for me to read so I sent a separate email to two of my close friends and vented about what we are going through.  I have kept them somewhat updated, but they didn’t know yet that this past cycle had failed.  Their responses to my email were truly great.  They reinforced to me that my feelings are real and just and that I should feel free to vent to them at any time and that they are there for me.  They were supportive and didn’t give me the “relax, it will happen “ crap.  I am so glad I emailed them because their responses were just what I needed.  

. quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment