Friday, November 2, 2012

Figuring out Insurance




CD30

So after yesterday’s negative test I have been doing a lot of research on insurance coverage.  I feel extremely fortunate that we do have coverage.  After speaking with the folks at BCBS I have found that:

  • We have 6 IUI or IVF cycles covered
  •   The 6 cycles is per child (not a lifetime max)
  •   If I were to do an IUI and have them charge me the cost of the actual IUI procedure then the meds and b/w & u/s would still be covered by insurance and not count towards the IUI 6 count. 
So knowing all of this I think it makes sense to do another IUI with Clomid and not run the actual IUI procedure through insurance.  That way we have the meds, b/w, u/s covered and will only have to pay for the IUI procedure, which I am assuming is a couple hundred dollars.  But this would save 1 of our 6 tries. 

Ugh this is no fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment