Sunday, November 25, 2012

Burst Cyst or AF?

CD23

The night before Thanksgiving we went over to my friend's parents house and hung out in their basement (a la high school style).  It was funny hanging out with high school friends in our old high school hang out spot that hasn't changed in the past 10 + years.  My friend from out of state was there with her husband.  She is 4.5 months pregnant and this is the first time friends have seen her since she announced they were expecting.  There was a lot of cooing over her and all the baby talk - which wasn't too tough to take, but at some points I had to exit the conversation or try to change the subject a bit. 

We had a very nice Thanksgiving which started out with running in the local road race in the morning then heading over to my brother and SIL's house for dinner.  The next day we drove down to DH's friend's place which was about a 5 hour drive.  We spent some time with friends and then spent the next night with his family.  His motherly previously thought I was pregnant on her visit up here about a month ago (I wasn't drinking at dinner because we were in the 2 ww).  I think my drinking coffee at brunch, talking about our ski vacation we just booked, and of course me drinking a couple glasses of wine at dinner clued her in that we are not expecting!  Nobody brought it up so that made me feel better.  

During the night last night I woke up and felt a sharp pain on my right side.  When I went to the bathroom I saw red/brownish blood when I wiped.  I figured one (or both) of my cysts had burst.  Then today the bleeding has continued and I am starting to wonder if this is the red she devil and not a burst cyst after all.  CD23 would be crazy short for me to get the she devil...but I guess when cysts are involved there is a chance they could burst and shorten your cycle.  

I called my RE and the nurse said that if the bleeding continues into tomorrow then it may in fact be she devil and I should come in for CD3 baseline u/s.  Of course I have already looked at the calendar to see that if it is CD1 for me then our IUI #3 would be mid december and I would find out the results right around Christmas, which could make for a very happy Christmas or a pretty sad one!



...

No comments:

Post a Comment