Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Some days are better than others



CD40:

I was having a really tough day yesterday.  On my drive home I couldn’t stop thinking about how much it sucks that you spend a big chunk of your adult life trying hard to prevent pregnancy and then when you have taken all the steps to prepare for having a baby (save money, by house, travel, etc) it seems like it is impossible to get!  Actually correct: it is impossible for us to get.  Everyone else seems to be able to decide they want to get pregnant and then it actually happens for them. 

I know everyone’s path to having a baby is different and I shouldn’t compare ours to other people’s…I just wish our path wasn’t so tough.  This would be a lot easier if I had some sort of definite range – like ok you have to wait 6 months but then you will DEFINITELY be pregnant in that time.  The not knowing what medication or procedures will work or when they will work is driving me nutty. 

Whenever I get into one of these funks I need to remind myself of how fortunate I am in other aspects of my life: loving husband, good job, no money troubles, fertility costs are covered under insurance, etc.  Things could be a lot worse.  This whole infertility thing just gets me down – I can’t help but think “I had to watch my father die of cancer and you can’t take it easy on me with this? Really? I can’t catch a break with this after going through that?”  But I guess these are the things in life that make us stronger – just have to remind myself that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment