Monday, August 27, 2012

Secret’s Out


CD46, Day 10 of taking progesterone

After a really fun weekend it is back to work today L boo.  This weekend I was at a bachelorette party for my friend that is getting married in 2 weeks.  The weekend was a lot of fun.  We went out on a lake and swam, had some adult beverages and did a lot of girl talking! 

From my very scientific analysis I think one of my friends on the trip is pregnant.  Reasons: she didn’t drink, eat lunch meat, drink coffee.  And I am pretty sure she usually does these things.  Also she mentioned that she and her husband were trying.  So maybe she isn’t pregnant yet, but has given these things up in preparation. 

At night all the girls were hanging around chatting and the topic of my pregnant cousin came up.  Many months ago I had mentioned to one friend that we were going through some issues with my cycles and she asked me what was going on with that.  I basically told them the whole story of what was up with me.  It just kind of spewed out – like it was built up in me for so long and it was nice to have a chance to talk about it with close friends.  I am sure having some drinks contributed to my verbal diarrhea, but it felt good. 

One of my friends mentioned that a friend of hers, who is an acquaintance of mine, is also starting to undergo treatments.  I told her to tell her friend that if she ever wants to talk about it with me I am totally open to that. 

So all in all my friends were pretty receptive – I just don’t know what this means going forward.  I am not sure if they will just put it to the back of their mind – or will they ask me about…just not sure.  Hopefully it will be a good support system, but I have heard some horror stories on The Bump so i won’t be surprised if I get unwelcome advice, comments, etc.  I did find out one of my friends also has PCOS and has long periods (usually gets 1 in a 3 month span) so I hoping I can be a resource for her if she finds she has trouble when her and her future husband start trying. 

Other than all that I am still patiently waiting to finish up my 12 day round of progesterone so hopefully the red she devil will be showing up sometime this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment