Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Did I O?


If you have to ask then you probably didn’t. 

Until starting to TTC I never really thought too much about ovulating.  It was more something that you hear about in Health class at school, but not something I spent time pondering over.  Now I seem to ponder ovulating quite frequently. 

The Quest for Ovulation!

Each month I feel like I learn so much more about my body and what it should be doing.  I started reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and it has really opened my eyes and made it clearer to me what is going on with my cycles.  I haven’t had many full months of charting yet, but I do like using Fertility Friend to track my BBT, CM and overall cycle timing and what my body is doing. 

This cycle I am unmedicated, but my period came back on its own after 35 days so given my history that is definite progress!  I am currently waiting for the red she devil to show up before I can start a medicated cycle – my first under the care of an RE.  Each day when I pop my temperature into FF I pray that somehow it will say “congrats Caity you definitely O’d this month and have an actual shot at getting pregnant!”. 

Sadly all I have seen is FF saying I O’d then a couple days later saying “just kidding, you didn’t actually O, why on earth would you think you did considering you 1) are not on any medication and 2) you clearly don’t O on your own?”
 

The next thoughts that usually pass through my mind are: 1) maybe FF is lying to me and doesn’t know what the F she is talking about  (of course I think FF is a lady) 2) maybe I just suck at taking my BBT and I did O even though there is no distinct temperature rise on my chart and finally 3) of course I have a chance at getting pregnant this cycle!  Maybe I should start thinking of how I will tell people that I am KTFU!

Since it is CD34 I am sure reality will set in (ie red she devil) soon and I will realize that once again I didn’t O on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment