Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Work Staffing Call

So my boss and my boss's boss are located in a different office about 1 hour from my office.  Today we had a staff meeting call for every manager in our group.  They were talking about how so and so is moving positions and how work will have to shift around.  

One woman is pregnant and is due in August and I found out on the call that another woman is due in mid November.  It was funny because on the call they joked "well Caity, (and mentioned 1 or 2 other married women) I don't know what your plans are but the year end maternity slot is full so you will have to wait 3 months. So I had to bite my tongue not to say "that is what you think" because both me and one of the women I manage are due the first week in December.  

Now their comments would have seriously pissed me off if we had still been TTC.  Now in 2 weeks I get to call my boss and say "well I know you said the year end maternity slot was full but..." should be interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment