Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 12 Update

Sorry I look a little frightful this week and my update is a day late!


How Far Along: 12 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +1.5 lbs
Maternity Clothes: My cousin gave me the family "box o maternity clothes" and I tried out the cropped jeans I am wearing in this picture.  They were really comfortable, but a bit loose on me right now. I am so thankful that my cousin and SIL have accumulated so much maternity clothes that I will only have to buy a few more pieces for work and possibly when it gets cooler in the fall
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Still having some sleeping issues, but our new larger bed is coming in a few weeks so I hope that helps somewhat.
Best Moment This Week: This was an eventful week for sure!  On friday we saw the baby on the ultrasound and that was awesome, then the doctor told us that the scan/tests came back good so that was also great news.  We told Brian's parents, sister, grandmother and some friends while we were in PA.  


When we came back to MA we told my extended family at a BBQ.  Then Brian called all his friends and I sent a group email to all mine.  In the email I said "After over a year of fertility treatments, Brian and I are overjoyed to be able to say "we are expecting a baby"  some of my friends told me they teared up a bit as they read the email.  Not all my friends knew what we were going through so this was the first time we were "coming out" about our IF.  It was important to me to mention it in case any of my friends are currently dealing with IF or deal with it in the future. 
Miss Anything: I am starting to realize that none of my regular summer shorts will fit me this season, so I guess I miss fitting into my clothes, but not really since it means my belly is growing due to a baby in there. 
Movement: Nope
Food Cravings: I was craving soda this week so I had a can of root beer at the BBQ and it was fantastic!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: The idea of eating chicken kind of grosses me out, but I am still able to eat it, so nothing really.
Gender: Not yet, we tried to see if the u/s tech would take a guess but no way.
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Getting up to pee at night, more bloating, my eczema is getting worse
Belly Button In or Out: In Wedding Rings On or Off: On

Feeling: Still really good.  I am still hoping I am being rewarded with an easy pregnancy since we had so much trouble getting pregnant ;)
Exercise: Went for a couple of runs this week, still not going too fast, but at least I am still getting out there!
Looking Forward To: Telling some coworkers the news this week
Next Appointment: June 7th

3 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you mentioned your IF journey with your announcement. I would have loved to know people IRL going through it to go to for advice. That is great about the maternity clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you with being able to tell you family and friends (and see Baby Lucky)! I think it's awesome you mentioned the year+ of fertility treatments in your announcement - I hope to do that someday too :-) It made me laugh that you enjoyed a can of RB so much - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome on the clothes! I think its great too that you mentioned IF, you never know who else may be struggling and this could encourage them :)

    ReplyDelete