Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lucky Gets to Keep Baking

I had my MFM growth ultrasound at the hospital this morning.  Brian and I were pretty nervous about this one because they kept warning us to "bring our overnight bags" as Lucky's growth seemed to be decreasing from earlier ultrasounds. So we made sure to bring EVERYTHING we thought we may need: snacks, ipad, chargers, etc (I guess this was a good test run)

As the ultrasound tech was performing the ultrasound I could see that the measurements were coming in at GA (gestational age) = between 33-35 weeks (I am currently 38 weeks 2 days) so I didn't know what to expect when the doctor walked in. 

Luckily the MFM doctor said that Lucky is measuring 5 lbs 4 oz and has had some solid growth since our last growth ultrasound 2 weeks ago (when she was 4lbs 11 oz).  Her other measurements are still on track (heart rate, fluids, etc).  The doctor said we should continue with our schedule of Friday non stress tests with the regular OB and Tuesday MFM ultrasounds, but for the time being Lucky can stay in there and hopefully I will eventually go into labor on my own.  

So this was a great appointment and I am so thankful that she is growing on her own and can stay put.  

My coworker who is due December 4th texted me today to let me know that she is being induced this afternoon.  She has preeclampsia and a few other things going on and I pray everything goes smoothly for her.  I hope the process is over quickly and she is holder her LO in her arms soon.  

3 comments: