Sunday, November 3, 2013

36 Week Update

  It feels both strange and awesome to be able to say that I am 8 months pregnant.  I wouldn't necessarily say that the pregnancy has flown by or been slow, but it just feels to be 8 months pregnant!

How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: I didn't weigh myself this morning, but I am thinking I am hovering between 13-14 lbs gained.  I will have a better view at my OB appointment this week. Belly feels nice and big this week!
Maternity Clothes: You bet
 Stretch Marks: Nope.
Sleep: Sleep is really the only thing I can complain about, and for that I consider myself very fortunate! I am still in the "wake up in the middle of the night and go downstairs for an hour or so and eat a bowl of fruit loops" kick.
 Best Moment This Week: Having my cousins lend me their fisher price bouncer, swing and rock n play.  It feels really good to have these things put together and at the house, makes me feel more ready for Lucky to come.  Also Brian and I have nailed down both the first name and the middle name.  So unless we have some dramatic change of heart once we see her, we are set on a name!  (which will remain a secret until she is here, sorry!)
 Miss Anything: Not really.
Movement: Lots of awesome big movements.  And I think she has had hiccups a few times, because it feels like kicks that hit over and over again at the same quip - so I imagine those are what hiccups are like.
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: When I get up too early it sometimes makes me a bit queasy.
Cravings: Milk & cereal. I have been drinking a TON of milk lately!
Gender: GIRL! 
Labor Signs: Nothing that I can think of.
Symptoms: Itchy belly.  Twice this past week I woke up and noticed that my night shirt had a wet spot over my right breast - I think I may have leaked a bit of colostrum, which I guess isn't that uncommon this early on.  Makes me happy that the "girls" are getting ready to be up and running for breastfeeding. 
Belly Button In or Out: Pretty much out all the time now. 
Wedding Rings On or Off: On, but I have noticed it is getting tighter at certain times of the day and if I am in a hot room.  I am hoping to keep them on for the whole pregnancy, but not so sure now.  I have also noticed that my socks leave an indentation on my legs when I take them off and it lasts much longer than it used too, so perhaps ankle swelling isn't far away. 
Feeling: I feel like we are getting closer to her birth.  It felt so abstract for so long, but now that things are in place, and my belly is getting big - I feel like this is actually happening!  I love talking to Brian about what we expect to happen and wondering about what she will look like!
Exercise:  I think I only did weights/squats once this week, but i did spend a couple of hours outside raking up leaves, so that probably counts as a workout!  I rake and Brian rakes and picks up leaves and puts them into the bags (my bending over frequently days are over). 
Looking Forward To: Hitting full term next week!
 Next Appointment: November 5th

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting that she is almost here!!! I was thinking about you saying that people were telling you your belly looked so small but I think you keeping up your exercising from the very beginning and being so active helped keep off any extra weight. I should totally being doing something but it seems like since I was in the 2WW for this pregnancy I haven't been on the treadmill since thus gaining a few extra pounds than I should at this point. Maybe I'll start today!! haha

    ReplyDelete