Monday, November 18, 2013

38 Week Update

I had a pumpkin this week!  


How Far Along: 38 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 17 lbs overall based on my OB appointment on Friday.  I was a little annoyed because my OB said “I didn’t realize you had only gained this little, you should be in the 25-35 lb range.”  I was like “um ok, I have only asked if my weight gain was fine at pretty much every appointment from months 6-8, but if you are just catching on now that I haven’t gained much, that is great.” She was telling me to get more calories in, and I have been trying, but my stomach is so squished right now there is not much room at all for extra food!
Maternity Clothes: Yes, and some non maternity yoga pants and sweaters.
 Stretch Marks: Nope. The skin on my belly is sort of translucent looking!
Sleep: Not terrible, but not great.  I slept from 10 pm to 5 am one night this week and it was awesome!  My body just seems to be used to the waking up in the middle of the night routine, which is great because I will be doing that a lot when the baby comes!
 Best Moment This Week: Getting great reports on Lucky from the MFM doctor on Tuesday and my OB on Friday.  Also getting the crib mattress in the mail and getting the swing set up.  Lucky’s room is officially DONE!
 Miss Anything: Not really.
Movement: I move around so much on the weekends that I need to consciously sit do kick counts some times to make sure she is doing well.  I love the big movements I get that make my belly bounce around.
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: When I try to cram too much in to my stomach.
Cravings: Still on my milk kick!  I had a chocolate milk shake from McDonalds on Friday and it was awesome!
Gender: GIRL! 
Labor Signs: Nope. I keep waiting to see if I will get Braxton Hicks contractions, but so far nothing. 
Symptoms: Itchy belly, my socks make a significant indentation on my ankles that takes a while to go away.  I think I am more surprised at the symptoms that I seem to be missing out on during this pregnancy.  I have not had any of the following: (and once I type this I will probably get them all, ha!)
Morning sickness (I had some days of sour stomach, but never threw up)
Swelling
Feet growth (they say people’s feet grow during pregnancy and may not decrease after the baby is born).
Back pain
I feel very glad that I haven’t had any of these things. 
Belly Button In or Out: Out, and visible if I wear certain shirts. 
Wedding Rings On or Off: On, but tighter. 
Feeling: Tomorrow is going to be a big day.  I have the MFM ultrasound at 8 am at the hospital, and based on Lucky’s growth they may 1) keep us there and induce 2) schedule and induction later in the week or 3) Say “she looks great” and let us go home.  I am really hoping for #3
Exercise:  I didn’t do any weights this week.  I am still walking Winnie twice a day and we took her for a nice long walk in the woods yesterday.  I also try to climb the 3 flights of stairs at work once or twice a day.
Looking Forward To: Last week of work this week!  Also hopefully hearing good things at the MFM appointment tomorrow, fingers crossed!

 Next Appointment: November 19th

5 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers that you are able to "bake" her a little longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I forgot to add that I can not believe you are already 38 weeks! I remember the very begining for you just like it was yesterday!

      Delete
    2. I can hardly believe it myself :)

      It makes me so happy to see that other blog friends have gotten pregnant while I have been pregnant, makes me so happy!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, exciting day tomorrow! I will keep my fingers crossed for #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can believe you are so close!!! Exciting day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete