Monday, September 9, 2013

28 Week update

I had an eggplant at home this week!


How Far Along: 28 weeks
Total Weight Gain: At my monthly doctor’s appointment I was still up around 8lbs, so I will go with that since my scale seemed wonky this morning – if I went with my home scale it would put me up only 7lbs, and I don’t think that is right. 
Maternity Clothes: Yes
 Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: I have been doing the normal wake up around 2-3 am thing as usual.  I got out of bed and went downstairs for about an hour 2 times this week. I was able to get back to sleep after watching some tv.  This weekend I slept pretty well – one night I didn’t wake up at all- crazy!
Best Moment This Week: Hearing Lucky’s heartbeat at my doctor’s appointment.  I also did the glucose test before my appointment.  It wasn’t too bad – I had the lemon/lime flavor and it was only about 10 oz.  I did have to drink it at the lab then hang out an hour then get my blood drawn, which was a little annoying, but I guess they don’t want people to miss the timing so they make you do it all there.  I haven’t heard back on my results yet.
 Miss Anything: Running.  I think I went for my last run this week.  It wasn’t very long, but it started to feel pretty uncomfortable, so it may be time. 
Movement: She has bouts of crazy movement lately – like kicking every few minutes, and then hours will go by where I don’t feel anything.  The kicks are getting much stronger than before. Sometimes I can feel her moving along my belly rather than a quick kick. 
 Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Nope.
Gender: GIRL! 
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Symptoms: Started to get a bit of heartburn this past week.  My boobs are pretty itchy lately. 
Belly Button In or Out: In, but getting flatter
Wedding Rings On or Off: On 
Feeling: At my monthly OB appointment the doctor said I was measuring a little small (when they do the measurement of your belly from the outside) and that she wants to see me back in 3 weeks (instead of 4) to check again and if I am still measuring small she may have me get an ultrasound to check on the baby’s growth. 
        Of course this makes me nervous, thinking how she may not be growing enough, but I am trying to stay calm and assume those outside measurements aren’t very accurate and Lucky is growing as she should be.  This past week we saw extended family that we hadn’t seen for a while and everyone commented on how “small” my bump looks.  I know people don’t think this is a bad thing to tell a pregnant person, but to me it just makes me nervous.  I have had bump envy pretty much since the beginning of this pregnancy and the fact that my weight gain and bump size seem small and people keep mentioning it makes me uncomfortable.  I will just try to chalk it up to the fact that everyone carries differently and shows at different points. 
Exercise: As I mentioned above, I think it is time for the running to be put to rest.  I am very happy that I was able to run through the 1st and 2nd trimesters, and I feel like trying to keep running at this point would be “pushing it” a bit.  I will continue to do my light weight lifting and squats so that I can maintain my muscle mass.  I plan to take Winnie for longer walks with my extra time I will have in the mornings!
Looking Forward To: Picking up the rocker for the nursery this coming weekend.

 Next Appointment: September 24th

1 comment:

  1. You are looking awesome! I'm sorry you're feeling a little nervous, I can understand that. However, think about all those (crazy) women who end up giving birth to a healthy baby without even knowing they are pregnant! Women carry a pregnancy in all different ways. Maybe try to focus on that healthy heartbeat instead! I hope your appt in 3 weeks will put your mind at ease a bit.

    ReplyDelete