Wednesday, September 2, 2015

36 Weeks




How Far: 36 Weeks 1 day Wow!  I can't believe there is less than 1 month to go! That is crazy. 
Total Weight Gain:  20 lbs.  I have been getting a lot more comments on my belly this time around and they aren't the "you look so small" comments I got during Ellie's pregnancy.  While I don't love the comments from random people (I get a lot of the "looks like you are going to have your hands full" comments when I am out with Ellie) I don't mind being obviously pregnant.  

Symptoms:   Getting a bit achey.  Picking things up off the floor is getting mightily difficult.  I am still able to pick Ellie up pretty easily, but I can't hold her for too long and it is getting harder to hold her on my lap.  I have been lucky that heartburn and swelling haven't hit me yet.  I feel the most impact of my pregnancy if I have been sitting or lying down for a while and then suddenly get up and walk - then I am full on waddling until things seem to "settle" in me. 

I had my OB appointment this week and it went well.  I measured 34 weeks by the fundal height so that was still behind but 2 weeks apart this time versus 3 weeks last time.  We had the labor talk which was basically letting me know when to give them a call when I start getting contractions and to try to stay home as long as possible.  I need to come up with some sort of plan for when labor happens (if i am lucky enough that I don't have to be induced this time) because Brian works in the city and takes the train in, so I don't want to be stranded with Ellie and in labor for too long!  I am sure it will happen more gradually, but you never know!  3 more weeks of work until I go on leave!  Lots to do before then, yikes!  

Maternity Clothes?  You know it.  It has been too hot lately to wear pants so I am mostly in dresses and skirts at work and gym shorts when I am home.  I am so very done with the warm weather! 

New Baby Prep: Nothing much new over this past week.  I am getting to the point where I feel like I should start bringing things down from the attic and setting things up...but then I think "why would I want to trip over this for the next month" so I am not sure when my "go time" will be.  I will probably wait until 38 weeks since I can always have Brian or my mom help with set up. Maybe I will start by taking some of Ellie's toys that she doesn't play with often out of the living room to make room for baby stuff. 

House Update: A lot of progress this week.  Framing is done and they have started to put some windows in.  They are taking of the existing vinyl siding today.  We are 80% of the way there with picking an external paint color (or colors) so that is one less thing!  We have to hit up a few tile and stone places to finalize stuff, but hopefully that will be done this week.  As Brian says "this is a full time job" and it really feels that way.  Pretty much every night we go home and answer questions or make decisions about house things or email the builders.  I am nervous the house business will continue once the baby is here.

Here is a picture of our house pre construction
Here is a picture of our house as of yesterday - you can see part of the addition on the back and that they have pulled off all the siding.  It looks totally naked/ugly at the moment but will hopefully look great in a few months!


5 comments:

  1. Your house is precious!!! It's going to be even more fabulous when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I can't wait for the finished product...hopefully it will be done before Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Told you, totally stalking your blog hahaha. I love your house - it has such a charming feel to it, and I cannot wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I would be disappointed if you weren't stalking me ;)

      Delete