Wednesday, September 16, 2015

38 Weeks

How Far: 38 Weeks 1 day.  
Total Weight Gain:   Hmm I checked this morning and it looks like I am holding steady at +21 lbs so no gain this week. 

Symptoms:   Lower back pain.  I am usually up at around 2 am and watch a show or two and am back in bed around 3:30/4 am so pregnancy insomnia is hitting me hard.  Most mornings Ellie is up around 6:15 am so I can't really sleep in for that long - such is the life of a mom! I had a prenatal massage on Sunday which was great, I think I dozed off during it!  After I came home I played with Ellie for the rest of the day so unfortunately the "relaxed" body didn't last very long as the favorite saying is "up mommy" from Ellie. 

I think I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions ever few days...I sometimes feel cramping like period cramps and I think that qualifies, but nothing outside of that.  I have been craving sweet things lately - brownies mostly so I made a batch over the weekend.  My stomach has gotten pretty squished and I haven't felt like eating all that much.   No signs of labor though. 

I have my MFM ultra sound on Friday morning to check growth and then my OB appointment in the afternoon.  This will really be the big check to see if baby has grown much in the past month and see if they will need to induce me early. 

Maternity Clothes?  Yup.

New Baby Prep: I am pretty sure we have decided on the name!  First and middle. Wow it was so much harder this time around!  I won't be sharing it until the baby is born but I will let you know if we change our minds between now and then :) .  I installed the infant bucket seat in my car and seeing 2 car seats back there was a "whoa this is happening" moment.  Poor Winnie's spot has been displaced. I also moved some stuff out of our dining room bedroom and created some space for baby stuff. I still need to get out the rock n play and we need to put the swing out in the family room, but we are in decent shape.  I will have to share a picture of the "nursery nook" when the rock n play is there.  


House Update: Not a huge amount of progress this week. 

Here are some cute Ellie pics from the week!

Ellie lining up her "babies"
 Ellie reading to her babies


Next Appointment: Friday September 18th

2 comments:

  1. Almost time!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so close now!! I'm sure it was an eye opener to see those TWO carseats in the backseat now. Eep! This is really happening :-)

    ReplyDelete