Friday, September 18, 2015

IUGR...here we go again

I had my MFM ultrasound this morning and then my OB appointment midday.  The results of the ultrasound are that baby's weight has dropped to the 3rd percentile (it was at the 21% at 34 weeks, 4 weeks ago).  This makes the baby Intrauterine Growth Restricted because she is under the 10%, but like Ellie was.  
I knew heading into my OB appointment that she was going to say induction at 39 weeks and that is exactly what she said so no big surprise there.  She did a cervical check and I am 1.5 cm and 30% effaced, not super great heading into an induction but she said usually second babies go quicker.  I will be 39 weeks next Tuesday (aka my 34th birthday!) and that is when she scheduled the induction to start because she is on call at the hospital Tuesday night and all day Wednesday.  

So it has been a whirlwind day but I am in a much better place heading into an induction this time around versus when I had my first with Ellie.  Knowing when things will happen is a lot easier to time things with child care coverage and work schedules.  Now we know we have to set all the baby stuff up this weekend!  We are also going to go out to dinner on Sunday night just Brian and I to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary, so that will be nice! 

I am feeling this overwhelming sense of needing to spend every last moment with Ellie as an only child.  Things will be so different for everyone when the baby comes home and I just want to savor the last remaining moments where all my attention can be on her.  

I asked my OB what could be the cause of the IUGR in both Ellie and this baby and she said for me she really doesn't know since I don't have any of the normal things (smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes).  I also asked her if there was anything we could do to get things moving over the weekend and she said the typical stuff (sex, spice food, raspberry tea, walking, etc).  We shall see if I get to any of those!  

I have an OB appointment on Monday to do a non stress test and that will also be my last day in the office for work (Wednesday was supposed to be my last day in the office).  I will need to go in and wrap up a few things!


4 comments:

  1. eeekkk!! Almost time!! I am thrilled for you and prayers for a safe delivery for you and your sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me??? I am going on a cruise and won't be able to check your blog STARTING NEXT WEEK. Uggghhh okay I will have to wait to see this sweet girl until I come back!! Good luck mama!!! Prayers for you and baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Krystal I think it is better you are away next week because I fear between my slowness at posting a birth announcement and your stalking you would go mad waiting to hear news!

      Have fun on your cruise!!!

      Delete