Wednesday, September 9, 2015

37 Weeks


How Far: 37 Weeks 1 day.  So is 37 weeks not considered full term anymore?  A lot of places I have read it is now 39 weeks but I am not sure exactly which one is correct. 
Total Weight Gain:  21 lbs.  I think I gained a pound this week according to my home scale but at the OB today they say I stayed flat. I think mine is more accurate because it takes out any food/clothing fluctuations as I weight myself first thing in the morning.  

Symptoms:   Last night I had some mild cramping that was a bit uncomfortable.  It makes me hope that perhaps things are thinking of happening on their own and even if I do need to be induced this time around that my body will be more ready for it. 

I had my OB appointment today.  I measured 35 weeks by the fundal height so that was still behind but 2 weeks apart this time which was the same as last week so luckily my belly is still growing well.  They told me I am strep B positive which i guess isn't a big deal I will just get antibiotics once I am in labor and will probably have to come in right away if my water breaks at home.  I also got my flu shot at the doctor.  They said next week they will start doing internal checks to see if I am dilated at all. Not super excited for those as they are the most comfortable thing, but I am somewhat curious, but not expecting big things.  

Maternity Clothes?  Yup.

New Baby Prep: I washed all the premie/newborn clothes this week and put some in the temporary drawers in our room. I put the pack n play in the living room with the diaper changing attachment on top.   I also started to pack my hospital bag and put a few items for baby to wear in there.  I remember how annoying it was to try to re-swaddle Ellie in the blanket they put her in at the hospital so I packed some of Ellie's swaddles with the velcro to use instead. I packed some nursing tanks and stretch pants for me and some toiletries but there are so many thing that I can't pack until I know I am heading to the hospital like phone chargers, ipad, etc.  

Next on my list of things to do is to move some things out of the dining room where Brian and I reside and put the rock n play in our room and set up the swing in the living room.  

House Update: Still moving along.  We have made some decisions this week on house paint color, tile, etc but we still need to pick out the counter top for our kitchen. 

Here are some cute Ellie pics from the week!

Ellie and Pap-Pap (my grandfather/her great grandfather).  They have the cutest relationship and despite the housing situation being tight, I love that they get to spend so much time together! 


The picture is a little blury, but I just loved her outfit!


6 comments:

  1. I have that strep test coming up, not looking forward to it. :-( You are getting so close!! Still looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have the strep test yet? Don't stress over it! I am kind of annoyed I have to worry about getting to the hospital and getting hooked up to an IV early, but not much I can do about that now!

      Delete
  2. I still cannot believe your new babe will be here so soon! You are looking awesome as always and Ellie is just the best!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We installed the infant seat back in the car this weekend and when I saw two seats back there I was like "whoa" there are going to be 2 babies! Haha exciting, but yikes!

      Delete
  3. HER SUNGLASSES!!! I LOVE THEM!!! Stalking your blog continues... baby watch 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She has finally reached a spot where she will keep them on for more than 2 seconds!

      Delete