Wednesday, August 26, 2015

35 Weeks


How Far: 35 Weeks 1 day
Total Weight Gain:  Looks like I might still be hovering around 19 lbs.  I feel like I should be packing on more lbs at this point but things are getting so tight that I can't eat much!
Symptoms:  Insomnia, it comes and goes.  Getting up from sitting for a long period of time is tough - I can feel things shift around, haha.  I had my OB appointment last week and things are looking good.  I am measuring small 31 cm versus the 34.5 weeks I was at, but that is not unexpected for me. I got my TDap shot which wasn't bad, but made my arm sore for a few days.  My OB said we would have the "labor talk" at my next appointment when I will be 36 weeks.  I am wondering if they will start doing any internal exams at that point...it has been nice keeping my clothes on for the appointments :)

I had my ultrasound with the MFM on Friday.  Baby is measuring 21% percentile which is good because only less than 10% is considered IUGR and a concern.  They estimate she is about 4lbs 9 oz which sounded big to me considering Ellie was born at 5 lbs 5 oz.  It was funny because after the ultrasound tech did her measurements the doctor came in and said "I guess you don't like to have big babies!" ha I think that is just the way it goes with me.  Makes for easier pregnancies :) 

 I was feeling pretty good about the appointment until I went home and re-read through some of my Ellie blog posts around this time with her pregnancy.  At this same point she was measuring 30% (non MFM ultrasound) and then closer to 37 weeks they had me go to the MFM and those ultrasounds showed she was less than 10%.  I am really hoping that this isn't a trend that my babies start to slow down growth as they reach the end. As I got towards the end last time my belly seemed to stop growing when they take the fundal height (tape measurement from outside). I have another MFM ultrasound around 38 weeks so I am hoping that this baby remains above 10%.  

Maternity Clothes?  We went to a wedding this past weekend and I wore a floor length maternity dress.  It was super comfy and allowed me to rock the dance floor.  Some folks said they were impressed I was up dancing so much being so close to my due date and all I could think was "well once the baby is here I won't be able to get out and do this for a while so I better live it up now!"  It was great seeing friends and we had a really great time.  

New Baby Prep: My family threw me a sprinkle this past Sunday!  It was super sweet of them to put this together because I really wasn't expecting any sort of party for baby #2.  It was a nice chance to get the ladies of the family together and my sister in law always does such a nice job with party planning/decorations:

Ellie enjoying some party food
We received some really nice gifts like diapers, outfits and some decorations that fit our pink and navy nautical nursery theme!

 The best thing was that everyone made a monthly onesie using fabric pieces that they then ironed onto a shirt.  They all came out really cute!  Look for these in the future as baby #2 gets her monthly picture taken!

One family tradition we do is to make a finger print picture for the baby's nursery.  The picture is kind of blury but it is of a whale and everyone's fingerprints form the pink and red splashes coming out of the whale.  People then sign their name and the baby has all family members fingerprints up on their wall in a nice decoration.
Ellie's nursery is giraffe and elephant themed so her picture has the finger prints representing spots on the giraffes!  Side note - I had to go back into my blog post about Ellie's nursery to find the picture below and I got a little panicky that at 35 weeks with Ellie her nursery was done and looked so nice and this baby's nursery doesn't even have walls yet :(  I know we will get their eventually but it makes me a little sad she won't have her own set up room from birth.  (file this under #firstworldproblems I guess)


My cousin brought the rock n play, swing and newborn clothes that I borrowed from her for Ellie so now I feel better that if for some reason the baby came early that I have some place for her to sleep :)


House Update: They keep making progress but I just wish it would go faster!  I am sure that is always the case.  They delivered our tub this past week and it is now sitting in the middle of the upstairs hallway.  We have a meeting with a person who is going to help us figure out the external paint colors for the house on Friday so that should be interesting.  Since our house is a victorian house we may go with a few colors instead of just 1 straight up color.  Since this will be a big decision Brian and I decided our Information Technology and Accounting backgrounds did not qualify us to pick the color on our own.  

Next Appointment:  September 1st

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are so close, it seems like just yesterday you were announcing the pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I thought about how 35 weeks means 35 days and that really freaked me out! Brian and I were commenting the other night how if we can make it to January (through the end of house renovation and through the worst few newborn months) and we don't hate each other then our marriage can get through anything! haha

      Delete
  2. So today marks the unofficial day that I start stalking your blog for baby updates, even though you still have 5 weeks left!! Hoping baby doesn't have any IUGR concerns, but everything sounds great so far. Love that you had a sprinkle - and LOVE LOVE LOVE that fingerprint picture - how creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha stalk away Krystal! I will try my best to keep updating the blog so you guys don't have to wonder!

      Delete