Wednesday, August 19, 2015

34 Weeks




How Far: 34 Weeks 1 day
Total Weight Gain:  Holding steady at 19 lbs overall this week.  I will see what the scale says at my doctors appointment tomorrow. 

Symptoms:  Still having some trouble breathing at times - it doesn't help that the temperature has been hovering around 90s this past week. I used to be able to put my shoes on without sitting down, but I can't do that anymore!  Insomnia!  Most nights now I wake up at like 4 am and can't go back to sleep. It is nice that I may it to 4 am those nights though!  Sometimes I am up sooner to pee. 

Maternity Clothes? You bet!  Although I still wear a lot of non maternity dresses that are cut well to allow for my belly!  Most days when I am at home I wear non maternity gym shorts that have elastic waists.  I am attending a wedding this weekend and it is black tie so I am wearing a long dress that is a maternity dress - i am very excited that it looks pretty decent on me!  I was nervous about looking like a whale at the wedding...I will post pics after the event. 

New Baby Prep: Ellie has started to refer to the baby as "Jo" i have no idea why since we have never provided her with any names.  Previously she said the baby's name was going to be "blue" so at least "Jo" is more on track!  But still no definite name to speak of!

I finished a craft for the baby's room - it is similar to the below but the background is pink instead of yellow.  It came out pretty decent so I may dabble in more baby room crafts if I have the time.  


House Update: Still moving along although we have been asking the builders to give us an updated timeline and I think they haven't yet because they know they are behind the original timeline and don't want to tell us that!  We ordered a lot of things this week (fixtures, appliances, etc) and some have started to arrive so that is exciting!  We are working on finalizing some paint colors and tile for the kitchen and bathroom so we don't have to worry about those after the baby comes. 

Next Appointment:  2 this week!  Tomorrow (Thursday August 20th) I have my OB appointment with my normal doctor and then Friday I have an ultrasound with the MFM doctor to check on the baby's size.  Hopefully she is growing well.  She was on track at 19 weeks, so we shall see!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been cultivating it with ice cream :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like things are moving right along!! At when point in pregnancy do they start seeing you every two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say around 30 weeks or maybe 8 weeks out? Sometime in between then. I was supposed to go to the OB last week but I had to reschedule!

      Delete
    2. I was thinking I was getting close but wasn't sure. I have my monthly appointment Monday so I'll be almost 29 weeks then.

      Delete
    3. I think when I was around your timing my OB "split the difference" and had me come again 3 weeks later :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bump! Things sound like they are moving right along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I whale always love you!!! SO CUTE!!! Glad house updates are moving along, even if they are behind schedule. We're about to embark on a new house and adding addition to said house and I know there is a ton that goes into it. I hope that things go smoother so you dont have to worry about much when the baby is here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are already 34 weeks!!! looking great!

    ReplyDelete