Monday, August 10, 2015

32/33 Weeks

Doing a combined 32/33 week post this week because I was on vacation last week and I am very very lazy :)


How Far: 32 Weeks, 6 Days
Total Weight Gain:  19 lbs overall, I think vacation and lots of eating helped me make the jump up a few pounds this last week!  I gained 18 lbs with Ellie overall so now I am officially over the weight I gained last pregnancy, which is a good thing because I am hoping it translates to a bigger baby :)

Symptoms:  Trouble breathing - at some points during the day depending on where baby girl is situated I have to take a lot of deep breathes.  No swelling to speak of yet, which is surprising given the heat! Now the fun really starts...I started to leak a bit, which is annoying, but I am hoping it means that I won't have trouble breastfeeding again this time around and my milk comes in relatively quickly. 

You can file this under the TMI section...so Brian and I went away without Ellie up to Quebec City for 3 nights this past week.  We did what married adults do when they are alone and after the second day in a row I started feeling some of the worst lightening crotch/pressure down there that I have ever felt and it lasted for quite a few hours.  I think it was a combo of doing the deed in the morning on back to back days then trying to walk around the city the rest of the day.  I felt pretty rough that second day and had to take a few breaks back at the hotel laying horizontal for a while. It must have been something to do with all the blood flow to the area, but it was not fun!  The next day I felt fine again. 

Quebec City! By the way, one of the things I was most looking forward to when coming back from vacation (aside from seeing Ellie of course) was the unlimited access to the bathroom. It was stressful being 32 weeks pregnant and walking around thinking "I wonder where the closest bathroom is" half the time! 

Maternity Clothes? I picked up some new maternity tank tops for $5 each!  Such a deal and necessary to get me through the rest of the summer...somehow I managed to get stains on one already :(

New Baby Prep: Still hasn't hit me that this pregnancy thing will lead to another baby...ha.  We did start to think about prepping things at my mom's house for what we will need for the baby - we will put up the pack n play with the newborn attachments on top in my mom's family room that will act as a changing area for the baby and also put the swing in this room.  I guess the nice thing about not having any extra bedrooms for the new baby is that all of her things will be on one level (with Ellie there was a constant up and down stairs thing going on).  I am nervous about having to cram all the baby stuff and clothes into the dining room with us because it is already crazy crowded.  I will have to post a picture of our "nursery" aka my mom's dining room when the baby stuff is out to give you all a good laugh!  Still no progress on the naming front.  We really like the name Claire, but that is already Ellie's middle name so we can't "steal" it from her!  If you have any ideas for names that are similar we would love to hear them!  Should go well with Elizabeth and we seem to like Irish/English sounding names.  

House Update: Decent progress was made this week, and framing should be almost done by the end of this week.  I can't tell you how good it feels to have actual wood framed walls up!  To be able to stand in the spaces and feel the dimensions is awesome.  We still have a lot of decisions/work to do, but we are trying to prioritize and knock things out asap before the baby comes.  

6 comments:

  1. I can totally appreciate the 'knowing where a bathroom is' deal. I don't have to go all of the time but I still like knowing I will be close to one. I love Clarie too, it seems to be getting pretty popular lately. I always loved Ainsley if we would have had a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a bathroom nearby is like a safety blanket :)

      Delete
  2. It's not stealing, it's honoring...Our first daughter is Emily Elizabeth, and our second is Elizabeth Kathleen. They both love that they "share" a name. Plus, I can yell "EMILY ELIZABETH KATHLEEN" and they know they are both in trouble...LOL.

    Also, Kathleen, Erin, Clara and Clarianne are lovely names =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of "sharing" the name - that is great! And yelling the 3 names is pretty funny too!

      Thanks for the name suggestions! I will add those to the list :)

      Delete
  3. Cute shirt! I remember the trouble breathing and uncomfortable sex... but all for good reasons, right? Glad to see the home improvements are coming along! The name Claire is cute :) can't wait to hear what you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely for good reasons!

      I hope you and cutie pie Jordan are doing well!

      Delete