Thursday, July 30, 2015

31 Weeks

Finally got around to taking a bump pic!  

How Far Along: 31 Weeks 2 Days
Total Weight Gain:  16 lbs overall
Symptoms:  Lots of insomnia for the most part.  Although I did really well while on vacation, so that was a good break.  Lots of crazy movement - it feels like she is moving my whole stomach from side to side most of the time!  Other than that I am actually feeling quite good for 7 months pregnant in this heat!  No swelling to speak of yet or heartburn so I hope that keeps up.  I get really full quickly so I have to eat small meals and I have to pee all.the.time.  Like I will pee, then 20 minutes later I am going again.  

I had my OB appointment this morning and it went well.  I am measuring small based on the tape measure thing, but I figured that would be the case (she didn't tell me what the number was, but she said maybe the baby is laying flat or stretched out).  I will have an ultrasound with the MFM at 34 weeks to check her size. 

Maternity Clothes? Yup.  I can fit into some non maternity tops, shorts and skirts but they don't always look quite "right" to me.  I feel like I have gotten stains on so many of my maternity shirts so i may have to spring for some new ones especially because all these ones are borrowed from family members and I am assuming they will want them back in decent condition!

New Baby Prep: Brian and I tried to talk about names this week while we were on vacation and we have 2 that we are pretty good with, but we tried to explore more names because of the 2 week like he is more into one and I am more into the other one. So we aren't really decided on a name yet. 

House Update: We were hoping to get back from vacation this week to see a lot more progress made on the house, but that really didn't happen which was pretty depressing.  It was tough going from renting a nice house on a lake to sleeping in my mom's dining room, ha, a rude awakening for sure.  It still seems like we can't see the light at the end of the house tunnel yet and we are just trying to focus on getting through more decisions before the baby comes.  When I feel overwhelmed with both house and baby prep I just have to remind myself that both of these things are blessings and it will all work out well in the end!

Vacation was lots of fun up in Vermont - we swam, cooked dinners and visited lots of local attractions!  

"Cook Cooking" with daddy
We do pig tails now!

 Farm Family
 Water Break


Next Appointment: Friday August 14th 

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a great vacation and got some sleep and privacy for a bit :) I imagine it's pretty stressful times but this too shall pass and eventually you'll be all settled back into your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie! I hope you are able to take some pre-baby relax time this summer too!

      Delete
    2. I won't be able to relax until it cools off some these 100 degree temps are killing me right now! ugh haha

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures! I just love it when people share pictures of vacation (I get to live vicariously through them, lol). How are you 31 weeks already?! I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED TO SEE THIS BABY!!! I hope that the house progress goes much faster - I know how frustrating that can be!

    ReplyDelete