Wednesday, July 8, 2015

28 Weeks

Hello 3rd Trimester!

How Far Along: 28 weeks  1 day
Total Weight Gain:  14-15 lbs overall
Symptoms:  Insomnia.  I am back to waking up at some point between 2-4 am for an hour or two.  I usually get by ok during the day but sometimes hit a wall and get pretty tired.  Belly button is pretty much an outie now!  My boobs feel like they are swelling up a bit more, I wouldn't be surprised if I find some leaking occurs soon.  It is starting to get tricky to reach my feet to put on shoes.  Baby movement has been crazy lately.  Sometimes I feel like she is going to bust out of my tummy!  I love the rolling feeling of the kicks but sometimes the "jabs" hurt!

Had my OB appt last week and it went well.  Looks like I am probably going to measure behind a bit again this pregnancy because my stomach was measuring a 25 and I am 27 weeks, but the nurse didn't seem concerned and they wanted me to have a growth scan at the MFM at 34 weeks anyway.  

Maternity Clothes? wearing a lot of dress/skirts now because it has been pretty hot!  Amie - I did rock the bikini at the beach this weekend, but only when I went in the water - i mostly wore a light cover up while on the shore :)
I just realized I wore this same dress in my 26 week picture, but hey - i don't have that many options and I really like this dress!

New Baby Prep: I got a baby k'tan carrier and some sleep sacks/swaddles from our town facebook yard sale site.  This is my new favorite place to find baby deals!  Some of the swaddles are blue, but i don't think she will notice!  I got 1 newborn, 2 small and 1 large fleece that Ellie can wear over the winter.  I didn't want to buy a new k'tan carrier because I wasn't sure how much I would use it and I already have a bjorn and borrowed my SIL's ergo...I just wanted a wrap one for when she is really little.  

I started to make my hospital bag list.  I am a big list maker, even though I won't start packing in for probably 2 months, I feel better just having a list.  At my OB appt this past week the nurse asked me if i was going to take any baby prep classes.  I was like "ummm no, they didn't really teach me much I didn't already know from reading the first time!"  It hasn't completely set in that I will be giving birth again...I am just hoping for a shorter process this time around.  From the time of the first dose of medicine until she was born, it took 50+ hours for Ellie!  Let's keep this show to under 24 this time please!

House Update: So.much.work.  We must have 2 meetings a week and answer 20+ emails regarding the house.  We currently still only have the foundation in place and I am really hoping for some framing progress this week. 

But on to more fun things...pictures!  These are from the 4th of July when we went to Cape Cod!
Ellie with Winnie and her new puppy friend Izzy (whom she referred to as Dizzy during the trip)

Playing some corn hole!


 Family Photo Op!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for the bikini!! I think I am supposed to sign up for some of these classes soon but haven't done it just yet. We'll probably be the oldest people in the class..yikes! It makes me want to skip them all together. What a cute family you guys are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where you are located but that is one of the nice things about the New England area - we seem to have a good range of first time mom ages!

      And I have seen your picture...you could pass for 25 for sure ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome that you wore a bikini! I have always wanted to do that - go out, pregnant, and rock the bikini (and mostly be able to eat ice cream in a bikini and not care about what I looked like). You look fabulous, so I am sure you looked great it in! I can imagine the stress that comes with adding onto a house. We built our first house and completely renovated our second house. Its a pain, but totally worth it! I hope you see some real progress soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! Wow I can't believe you have done the house construction process twice and lived through it :)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful family :-D Yay 3rd Tri!!

    ReplyDelete