Wednesday, July 1, 2015

27 Weeks



How Far Along: Almost on time this week!  27 Weeks 1 day. 
Total Weight Gain:  Scale looked a bit lower today - looks like I am up 13 lbs overall. 
Symptoms:  Crazy fingernail growth, needing to pee all the time, insomnia.  Insomnia is rearing it's ugliness again!  Previously I would wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep but now I have trouble falling asleep to begin with.  Luckily an episode or two on Netflix tired me out and I usually get to sleep after that. 

Maternity Clothes? Mostly!  I am going to cape cod this weekend for 4th of July and my big dilemma is should I wear my maternity swimsuit (black, strapless) to the beach or go bikini.  I am normally a bikini wearer and am not a huge fan of the maternity 1 piece, but I don't know if i have the guts to let my baby belly out to play this weekend!

New Baby Prep: We went down to IKEA this weekend and picked up a new crib.  Ellie is still using her crib and doesn't look like she will be out of it for a while (hasn't tried to climb out yet) so we will keep her in her old crib and convert it to a toddler bed when she is ready.  We didn't want to buy another large expensive crib for the new baby (poor second baby syndrome already) because we don't know how long we will need 2 cribs in our house.  The crib is still nice though, we have an IKEA crib at my moms that Ellie has been sleeping in and it is great! Sadly we won't be able to set up a space for the new baby until our house is done which will be a month or two after she is born.  

House Update: We have the foundation in the ground which is nice because we can sort of see how big the space will be.  Next week they are supposed to start framing which will be really neat.  Please note: putting an addition on your house is like a second job. We have been working on it for about a year and a half now from the beginning of planning and there is always so much to do!  This week Brian is on "vacation" and he is meeting with landscapers to figure out which trees to take down as well as constantly monitoring the work site to make sure things are going as planned!  I am sure it will be great when it is done but right now it is hecticville!  

I am heading into my 2 busy weeks of work so I am looking forward to a small break this weekend for the 4th and then a long week off closer to the end of July!

2 comments:

  1. I say rock the bikini!! I do not have a bikini body BUT if I did I would totally wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Amie! Can't wait to see a picture of your baby boy belly soon!

      Delete