Wednesday, June 24, 2015

26 Weeks



How Far Along: Super slacker alert!  I was so late with the 25 week updated and never took a picture, so I am skipping it all together and just doing this 26 week update.  
Total Weight Gain:  I gained a few in the past 2 weeks and am up about 15 lbs overall. 
Symptoms:  Peeing.  I have to pee all the time.  I go then immediately need to go again! Getting full really quickly.  Whenever I try to eat a big meal I get so stuffed and it feels gross so I try to keep it to smaller more frequent meals.  

Maternity Clothes? Yup!  Although the summer is good for non maternity dresses.  The dress in the picture isn't a maternity dress but it works well because of how loose the material is. 

New Baby Prep: I have been agonizing over what double stroller to get for a while.  I liked the Baby Jogger City Select even before we had Ellie so I did some more research on it and like how many different positions you can put 2 kids in.  I found somebody selling a lightly used one locally so we ended up pulling the trigger and getting it.  It came with a lot of accessories, so even though it still wasn't cheap, it was a lot less than what we would have paid if we bought it all new!  It is so hard to know what you will need/use with 2 kids before they are here, but I like how this stroller can go between a single and a double (we have already started using it with just Ellie and it handles pretty good).  I am kind of spoiled with the handling of our BOB jogging stroller with is so easy to push around pretty much any terrain.  

Names...this one is going to be a lot tougher this time around.  We had decided on Ellie's first name and middle name (Elizabeth Claire) even before we knew she was a girl.  This time around there really isn't the same feeling of "yup this is definitely the name" although there are a few front runners. I think I like one and Brian likes one but we both like each other's so I guess we can't go wrong either way.  

It is really hard to nest when we aren't in our own house...I have started picking out things like rugs, wall decorations, etc, but since the house won't be done until November and the baby is coming in September it seems silly to order things now just to have them sit in our basement.  The house renovations are moving along...slowly but surely!  They are putting in the foundation this week and it is neat to see the outline of the new house to get an idea of how the spaces will look. We are most excited for when they do the framing because that will really show the spaces.  

We had kids day at my work yesterday so I brought Ellie in for a few hours.  It was jungle themed this year and she had a really great time!

2 comments:

  1. We have the city select and I am IN LOVE with it. Strollers may possibly be my favorite baby item to buy (which explains why we bought another, different, one yesterday specifically for vacations). You will love it too! Still lookin fabulous, mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the city select already! Smooth ride and who wouldn't love that HUGE basket!

      Delete