Tuesday, June 2, 2015

22 Weeks/ Ellie is 18 Months!



How Far Along: Ok technically I am 23 weeks today but I am a slacker so I am about a week behind.  The bump looks bigger in person...this shirt is a little loose!
Total Weight Gain:  10 lbs overall
Symptoms:  Kicks!  Loving the big kicks where I can see my belly move from the outside.  A few days I have needed to slow things down a bit.  When I have been running around all day I tend to get a little crampy so I need to just sit down and drink water and relax (easier said than done with a toddler!)
We were down in PA visiting Brian's family this past weekend.  It was a lot of fun but being off my normal schedule for food I got a little backed up (sorry for the TMI) happily things have worked their way out (thank you Kashi Go Lean Crunch) but it was touch and go for a while there ;)  Ellie got to see her Great Grandma down there who is 98 years old so that is always awesome.  Granny and Grandpa hit up the yard sales and pretty much got every type of kid toy you can get.  Ellie was so entertained by all the toys all weekend - it was great.  
Maternity Clothes? Absolutely
Cravings: Lemonade!  Soft serve.  I am pretty sure these will eternally be my pregnancy cravings!  

Ellie is now 18 months!  This is a really fun age as she is understanding so much and has more words now (I would say maybe 15-20) and she can repeat (or try to) words back to us.  She loves to play with her cousins and explore everything (which usually means really big messes).  We have taken her to a bunch of places so far this summer: the beach, brian's triathlon, the zoo, etc and she is so much more interactive with things than she used to be.  

Here is a little Brian when he was younger and Ellie comparison, I think they look pretty similar!  


2 comments:

  1. Look at that little girl! It is so exciting to think that she and her baby sister will be so close in age. Also, I totally look up to you being pregnant with an 18 month old! Your are such a great mom -that takes a lot of energy and work :) In my head, I've started counting down to when I can "meet" this new baby!! Hurry up, baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! I have daily moments of both pure excitement and pure panic about what it will be like to have 2 so close in age! Overall I just feel glad that we are able to have 2 even if it will be crazy!

      Delete