Wednesday, July 15, 2015

29 Weeks and Ellie update


How Far Along: 29 weeks  1 day
Total Weight Gain:  15 lbs overall
Symptoms:  Still getting the insomnia...I am thinking this is going to last until the end of the pregnancy.  It has been really hot and humid here lately and I am definitely feeling it now that I am pregnant.  I have been combating this by eating soft serve ice cream :)

Maternity Clothes? Yup

New Baby Prep: Nothing this week...I have started to think about the fact that we will still be in my mom's house when the baby comes so I am going to need some sort of temporary dresser to hold baby's clothes and something to change the baby on (I change Ellie on the floor on a mat now but I want an actual thing to change the new baby on. 

I contacted a photographer that I like to get some info about a newborn/family session. 

House Update: The foundation is pretty much done and the lumber was delivered for framing, so that is all very exciting.  We are going on vacation next week (we rented a house in Vermont on a lake so I am excited to see a whole week's house progress when we get back.  Usually we stop by every day so progress seems slower.  

Last year when we went to New Hampshire for a week we took 2 cars just for the 4 of us (we WAY over packed) so this year I am determined to pack light and fit it all into 1 car.  We shall see how this goes!  So if I don't post an update next week it is because I am going internet free!  

And now some pictures! Ellie is obsessed with her big cousin Addie (who will be 4 in September) and says her name like 123023829382 times a day.  Here she is attempting to ride Addie's scooter in the park. 

Since I don't seem to be doing a separate Ellie post anymore I will share some info about Ellie here! 
Ellie had her 18 month pediatrician appointment last week (even though she is now 19 months) and she is about 21 lbs and 31.5"  Her height and weight are both around the 25-30th percentile!  She has come a long way from being under the 1st percentile for both at birth! 

Her hair looks almost blondish in some light - in person it is a light brown. She is still very much in her "mommy" stage and often screams when I try to leave her with daddy even for short periods of time.  She has had a major speaking explosion the last couple of weeks.  She can say more words than I can count and is really good at repeating words back to you.  She says a few two word combos now too.  It is exciting to hear her tell me when she wants something specific like milk or cheese.  She still gets a bit frustrated that she can't communicate everything though.  

We got a few "big sister" and "I'm getting a baby sister" type books that we are trying to read to her to get her ready for the new baby, but really she doesn't full comprehend the whole concept yet.  

4 comments:

  1. You have so much going on right now and you are just handling it all..amazing :) Hope you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy the internet break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! Sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an overpacker too! Better overpacked than underprepared. I am so excited to "meet" this baby - how awesome that it is getting to be that time - close enough to get newborn photographers! Awesome! Ellie is going to be such a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete